Characterized by versatility and durability, the updated version of the C1000 S from AKG is a multipurpose, high-performance small-diaphragm condenser microphone. This mic is perfect for both recording and live-sound applications, as well as ENG/EFP and audio capture for video productions.
The C1000 S has the power to use with any equipment and in every scenario. If no phantom power is available, this mic boasts two standard AA batteries that power it internally, allowing for continual, confident operation for up to 120 hours.
Designed to deliver in myriad situations, the C1000 S is feature-packed so you can achieve customizable, confident sound quality. A bass-cut switch and a switchable -10 dB pad for amazing versatility in every situation. Three different frequency settings allow you to achieve enhanced clarity when capturing speech and instrument audio. The polar pattern can quickly be switched from cardioid to hyper-cardioid, allowing you to aim the mic with precision to capture exactly the audio you want—and none of the surrounding noise you don’t.
The CS1000 S boasts a quality build that makes it a more rugged condenser mic. Its gold-sputtered capsule housing and XLR pins lend high immunity against one of the main villains of condenser microphone maintenance: humidity.
Included in the box with the AKG C1000 S Small Diaphragm Condenser Microphone are the tools you need to get started on your audio capture project, including one PPC1000 Converter, one PB1000 Presence Boost Adapter, one SA63 Stand Adaptor, a windscreen to minimize wind and plosives, and a microphone bag to protect the C1000 S from dust and other environmental factors when the mic isn’t in use.
AKG C1000 S Features
- Gold sputtered microphone capsule and XLR pins give high immunity against humidity
- Powered by internal AA batteries or by phantom power for use with any equipment and every application
- Bass cut and -10 dB switchable for amazing versatility in every situation
- Presence boost adapter provides three frequency settings for different sound sources
- Unique polar pattern converter allows the microphone to be switched from cardioid to hyper-cardioid
- C1000 S Microphone1
- PPC1000 Converter1
- PB1000 Presence Boost Adapter1
- SA63 Stand Adaptor1
- W1001 Windscreen1
- Microphone Bag1
- Transducer TypeCondenser
- Polar Patterns (selectable)Cardioid, Hypercardioid
- Frequency Response50 Hz - 20 kHz
- Output Impedance200 ohms
- Recommended load impedance2000 ohms
- Sensitivity6 mV/Pa
- Equivalent noise level21 dB-A
- Signal to Noise73 dB-A
- Preattenuation Pad10 dB
- Bass cut filter80 Hz
- Body: metal
- Finish: matte grayish blue
- Powering Interface
- Voltage: 9 to 52 V
- Current: 3 mA
- Connector3-Pin XLRM
- Dimensions (L x H x D)229 x 34 x 34 mm
- Net Weight320 g