The C214 Large Diaphragm Condenser Microphone from AKG is designed as a cost-effective alternative to the high-end C414 family. Taking into account feedback from professional sound engineers who have used prior AKG models (including the C12, C12 A, C414 EB, C414 B ULS, C414 B-TL II, and C414 XLII microphone models), the C214 has been built with hand-picked components and crafted specifically for the painstaking requirements of studio recording.
Inheriting the same 1-inch dual-capsule on an integrated suspension as the legendary C414, the C214 is an affordable microphone that integrates pro-level components in a single-diaphragm, cardioid-only design. Every part of the C214 has been selected for reliability and sonic accuracy. Its electronic circuitry has been redesigned for optimal dynamic range and frequency response. Its transducer element uses AKG’s patented Back-Plate technology, while its large diaphragm is gold-sputtered on one side, protecting against local shorting.
The C214 is capable of an incredible 143 dB (A-weighted) dynamic range for uncompressed, life-like transients. Its edge terminated capsule delivers a detailed, up-front sound that brings out every nuance of any voice or instrument.
This microphone can be used on stage for close-up miking for even very loud applications like drum overheads, guitar amps, or high-output brass. Thanks to its switchable 20-dB attenuation pad that lets you record loud sources of up to 156dB SPL. Its switchable bass-cut filter minimizes any proximity effects.
The C214 features an integrated capsule suspension that reduces mechanical noise and resonances for even greater sonic accuracy. The double mesh, all-metal grille protects the capsule and ensures high RF immunity without affecting acoustical performance. This microphone has a roadworthy construction quality with a modern scratch-resistant finish, a dent-resistant grille, and a gold-plated XLR-type output.
AKG C214 Features
- AKG's legendary 1" edge-terminated large diaphragm sound
- Incredible 143dB dynamic range (up to 156 dB SPL)
- Switchable 20 dB attenuation pad and low cut switch
- Integrated capsule suspension to reduce mechanical noise
- Rugged double mesh grill for high RF immunity but unaffected acoustics
- Spider-type shock mount, windscreen and metal carrying case included
- All-metal die-cast body with shock- and scratch-resistant finish
- C214 Microphone1
- H85 Universal Shock Mount1
- Metal Carrying Case1
- Three Year Warranty (parts and labor)1
- Transducer TypeCondenser
- Polar PatternCardioid
- Frequency Response20 Hz - 20 kHz
- Output Impedance200 ohms
- Recommended load impedance1000 ohms
- Sensitivity20 mV/Pa
- Equivalent noise level13 dB-A
- Signal to Noise81 dB-A
- Preattenuation Pad-20 dB
- Bass cut filter160 Hz
- DesignMatte finish, grayish blue
- Powering Interface
- Voltage: 9 to 52 V
- Current: 2 mA
- Connector3-Pin XLRM
- Width: 56 mm
- Height: 160 mm
- Net Weight: 280 g