Whether you’re recording in a large concert hall or a one-room studio, you want to capture the emotion and moment, not just the sound. With a full frequency range of 20Hz – 20kHz and the lowest self-noise in its class, the C314 brings out the best in every nuance. Built on the rich heritage of the C414 XLS capsule, its dual computer-matched diaphragms guarantee the highest polar pattern accuracy, while the integrated suspension dramatically reduces noise for pure, faithful recordings.
The versatile C314 is the multi-instrumentalist in your microphone rig, ready to fill in wherever needed. Whether it’s cardioid, supercardioid, omni or figure-8 polar patters, there are plenty of ways to get the most natural sound from any instrument—electric and acoustic guitars, drums, and much more. Employ a supercardioid pattern to reduce drum spill, then quickly switch to a figure-8 pattern to balance out two vocalists. These easy-to-access options make the AKG C314 a great addition to any studio with limited space.
With a variety of thoughtful extras, the AKG C314 empowers you to make better recordings, hands down. When acting as both artist and engineer, its overload detection LED makes it easy to see when your input levels are too high. This helps you take full advantage of the mic’s huge dynamic range, and only engage the pad when necessary. Its bass-cut filter, too, helps you curb rumbles, vibrations and loud, boomy sounds, and minimizes the proximity effect for balanced recordings.
AKG C314 Matched Pair Features
- Pure honest sound from a 1" dual-diaphragm capsule
- Diaphragm capsules are computer-matched for the highest polar pattern accuracy
- 4 selectable polar patterns
- Overload detection LED and bass-cut filter
- Incredibly low self-noise
- Integrated capsule suspension
- All-metal grille and rugged housing
- Excellent for vocals, guitars, overheads, piano, and more
- 20 dB attenuation pad and bass-cut filter
- C314 microphones2
- W214 windscreens2
- H85 universal shock mounts2
- SA60 stand adapters2
- H50 stereo bar1
- Metal carrying case1
- Transducer TypeCondenser
- Polar Patterns (selectable)Cardioid, Figure-8, Omnidirectional, Supercardioid
- Frequency Response20 Hz - 20 kHz
- Output Impedance200 ohms
- Sensitivity20 mV/Pa
- Equivalent Noise Level8 dB-A
- Signal to Noise86 dB-A
- Preattenuation Pad-20 dB
- Bass Cut Filter100 Hz, 12dB/octave
- Powering Interface
- Voltage: 44 to 52 V
- Current: 3 mA
- Connector3-Pin XLRM
- Length: 6.3"
- Width: 2.16"
- Height: 1.69"
- Net Weight: 10.58 oz (300 g)