Ideal for monitoring, mixing, and mastering, the AKG K553 MKII headphones have a closed-back, over-ear construction. Designed to offer both peak performance and optimal comfort, the K553 MKII headphones will quickly become an asset for anyone looking for studio quality on their laptops and mobile devices.
The K553 MKII headphones create the ideal balance between closed-back and open-back sound styles. You’ll get the noise-isolating traits from the closed-back build, while still enjoying spacious, dimensional sound typically associated with open-back constructions. Strong, accurate, and distinguished bass response is delivered from the 2” low-impedance drivers. These drivers are powerful while maintaining enough sensitivity for precise sound reproduction on laptops and mobile devices.
The improved comfort factor ensures you can enjoy the studio quality from the K553 MKII headphones for long listening sessions. Extra-large soft ear pads make listening stress free on your ears.
The K553 MKII headphones have a 2D-axis mechanism for flat-folding, making it easy to travel or store the headphones. A detachable cable is also included with the headphones for connections with various gear.
AKG K553 MKII Features
- 50 mm transducers for precise sound reproduction and extended bass response
- Low impedance for impressive performance on any device, including portable devices
- 2D-axis fold-flat mechanism for easy storage and transportation
- Lightweight over-ear design for maximum wearing comfort over hours of continuous listening
- Advanced closed-back technology for high noise isolation combined with a detailed and open sound quality usually only available with open-back headphone designs
- K553 MKII Studio Headphones1
- 1.83m (6') Detachable Cable1
- 3.5 mm (1/8") to 6.3 mm (1/4") Adapter1
- Driver Size (mm)50
- Sensitivity (dB SPL/V @ 1 kHz)114
- Rated impedance (Ω)32
- Audio frequency bandwidth (Hz)12 - 28000
- Maximum input power (mW)200
- Cable(s) length (m)6
- Wearing style Over-ear
- Audio frequency bandwidth12 - 28000 Hz
- Weight 10.75 oz (305 g)
- Studio monitoring
- Studio mixing
- Hi-Fi listening
- Mobile devices
- Cup style Closed-back