Capture lead vocals and enjoy the powerful sound the leads deserve with the AKG P5 S vocal dynamic microphone. Part of the AKG Perception series, the P5 S performs at high levels of excellence on the loudest stages.
The supercardioid polar pattern in the P5 S helps it deliver high-quality sound when competing against other sound sources on stage and in the crowd. Even more tightly focused than a cardioid polar pattern, this supercardioid microphone focuses on sounds directly in front of it, making sure it doesn’t pick up other musicians on stage or noise from the crowd. Having a supercardioid polar pattern is also a critical piece of how the P5 S can have the utmost gain before feedback and ambient noise suppression.
Built with sound performance to stand up to the loudest stages, the P5 S is also built to stand up to the physical demands of the toughest stages. The microphone body is constructed of heavy-duty metal helping it handle the bumps and bruises of being on the road. An integrated windscreen on the mic limits pops and wind noise while protecting the internal elements of the microphone. The microphone comes with a stand adapter and zip bag; the stand adapter helps keep it safe while on stage and the bag ensures safe storage and transport.
AKG P5 S Features
- High feedback suppression with supercardioid polar pattern
- Integrated windscreen eliminates pops and wind noise
- 24-carat gold-plated XLR connector for optimum conductivity and resistance to corrosion
- Rugged wire-mesh cap and full metal body
- P5 S vocal dynamic microphone1
- SA45 stand adaptor1
- Microphone bag1
- Transducer TypeDynamic
- Polar PatternSupercardioid
- Frequency Response40 Hz - 20 kHz
- Output Impedance580 ohms
- Sensitivity2.5 mV/Pa
- Audio output
- Type, gender: balanced XLR, male
- Contacts: 3-pin
- Constructionmetal with black finish
- Dimensions7.48" x 2"
- Weight11.28 oz (320 g)