The MultiMix 4 USB FX from Alesis is a compact, four-channel desktop mixer with a USB digital audio interface and built-in effects. This portable mixer is packed with features so you can mix an outstanding performance anywhere, making it the ideal addition to any home studio, smaller live performances, portable podcast applications, and even video editing and larger production studio environments. The MultiMix 4 USB FX comes with Alesis DSP effects (such as reverbs, delays, and phasers), while built-in effects processors make it possible to add depth to live sound and enhance recordings alike.
Whether you’re manipulating your sound live or polishing the final product in a recording studio, the MultiMix 4 USB FX is outfitted to give you ultimate control over your audio. It boasts a 2-channel, 5-stage, multicolor LED meter that gives you at-a-glance visual updates of the mixer’s main output level.
- Channels 1 and 2 offer switchable high-pass filtering (at 75Hz), allowing you to manually reduce low-frequency rumbling, handling, and wind noise. Channels 1 and 2 also offer high- and low-shelving EQs, independent gain trims, and independent pan controls, so you can instantly adjust your mix on the fly.
- Channels 3 and 4 are configured as a stereo pair at the level, EQ, and pan controls, letting you easily achieve stereo sound in your live mixes and recordings. Bidirectional stereo playback lets you record the stereo Main output into your computer and listen back, using the mixer to interface software to headphones or monitoring speakers.
Enhance your mix with the MultiMix 4 USB FX’s included bundle of professional software, including the AIR Mini Grand virtual piano, DB-33 virtual organ, and Eleven Lite (which features over 20 premium guitar, amp, and effect models).
Record directly onto your computer using the comprehensive USB recording interface. Simply use the included USB connection to plug the mixer into your Mac or PC to get started—no need to install software drivers. Alternately, you can record stereo audio to your iPad using an Apple iPad Camera Connection Kit (sold separately) for an even more streamlined mixing workflow.
Incorporate this mixer into any setup with its expanded connectivity options. Its 4 line-level input channels allow you to plug in XLR mics (into Channels 1 and 2), while its selectable 48V-phantom power supply makes condenser mics equally easy to connect. Channel 2 lets you directly connect a guitar or bass. Rounding out the I/O is a stereo, ¼” headphone output with independent level control.
Alesis MultiMix 4 USB FX Features
- 4-channel mixer with stereo (2) 1/4" inputs and stereo (2) 1/4" outputs
- 16-bit, 44.1/48 kHz signal stereo in / stereo out via USB for easy recording and playback
- 2 XLR inputs with gain trim, switchable high-pass filters, and 48V phantom power
- 4 1/4" line-level inputs for instruments and high-impedance guitar input
- Record directly to your iPad via the Apple iPad Camera Connection Kit (sold separately)
- Dual-band EQ on XLR inputs for accurate tone control
- 15 DSP effects with footswitch bypass control and aux bus for external processing
- Multicolor LED metering for real-time, visual level feedback
- Headphone output with independent level control for additional monitoring and mixing
- Class-compliant USB for plug-and-play support on both Mac and PC
- MultiMix 4 USB FX 4-Channel Desktop Analog Mixer1
- USB Cable1
- Power Adapter1
- Registration Card1
- User Guide1
- Safety and Warranty Manual1
- Pro Tools | First Alesis Edition software1
- AIR Music Tech Virtual Instruments software1
- Eleven Lite software1
- Line (CH 1, 2): 10 Kâ„¦ input impedance 5.5 mV ~ 4.9 V RMS sensitivity for max output
- Mic (CH 1, 2): 600 â„¦ input impedance balanced 700 mV RMS sensitivity for max output
- Line (CH 3, 4): 700 mV RMS sensitivity for max output
- HPF (CH 1, 2): 200 Hz (-1 dB), 80 Hz (-3 dB), 20 Hz (-24 dB)
- Line: 7 V RMS max
- Headphone: 0.5 W into 47 â„¦
- ignal-to-Noise Ratio
- Line: > 92 dB
- (max output; JIS A-weighted) Mic: > 62 dB
- Frequency ResponseLine: 20 Hz – 20 kHz (± 0.5 dB), Mic: 20 Hz – 15 kHz (± 0.5 dB)
- Channel EqualizerBass: ± 14 dB @ 80 Hz, Treble: ± 14 dB @ 12 kHz
- Channel Fader Kill> 90 dB @ 1 kHz
- Crosstalk> 85 dB @ 1 kHz
- InterfaceUSB 1.1 or higher (stereo in and stereo out)
- Power Adapter18 VDC, 800 mA
- Weight1.5 lb
- Dimensions (L x W x H)7 3/4 x 6 x 2 inches