When leading engineers and artists need the highest quality analogue outputs from their dLive, Avantis or SQ system, whether it's for monitors, amp racks or broadcast applications, they can turn to the PRIME Output module, a completely redesigned D-A card with unprecedented levels of audio quality.
Using the very latest converter and component technology in a fully balanced topology, the PRIME Output module is optimised from the ground up for use with Allen & Heath's cutting-edge 96kHz XCVI FPGA console core.
Available as 8-channel cards for mounting directly into a DX32 Modular Expander, PRIME Output modules can be configured however you require, standalone, or in combination with the PRIME Input modules for the ultimate end-to-end system.
With the same attention to detail and meticulous component choice as the PRIME Input card, high quality resistors, capacitors and op-amps have been selected for their exceptional performance: low noise, low distortion and linearity.
The inclusion of a balanced line driver circuit not only offers ultra-low noise and distortion, but maintains common mode feedback when clipping and avoids excessive ground currents, further slashing distortion. The improved inter channel cross-talk results in optimal stereo field and depth.
The differential design also reduces common mode DC offsets on the output, removing coupling capacitors to realise the most transparent sound possible throughout the frequency range.
Allen & Heath's premium 32-bit DAC technology runs at 96kHz, offering exceptional distortion and noise characteristics for ultra-high performance. The DAC filter can also be configured for different anti-aliasing roll-off filter characteristics including roll-off speed and latency - so you can choose the optimal settings depending on the application. To preserve signal integrity the PRIME circuitry is encased in full metal shielding for increased RF rejection throughout the signal path.
Allen & Heath Prime Output Module Features
- Next-generation D-A output card design
- Use with Dx32 for SQ, DLive and Avantis
- Fully balanced differential output stage for improved common mode performance, cross-talk and linearity
- Ultra-low THD and noise
- The very latest 32-bit DACs for class-leading conversion
- Specially selected operational amplifiers for ultra-low noise
- Full metal shielding for increased RF rejection throughout
- Optimized for use with Allen & Heath's 96kHz XCVI FPGA Core
- Prime Output 8-channel preamp module1
- ADC 96kHz, 32-bit Delta-Sigma
- Mic/Line XLR Inputs Balanced XLR, +48V phantom power
- Mic/Line Preamp Fully recallable
- Input Sensitivity (dLive) -60 to +15dBu
- Input Sensitivity (SQ) -60 to +20dBu
- Analog Gain (dLive) +5 to +60dB, 1dB steps
- Analog Gain (SQ) 0 to +60dB, 1dB steps
- Pad -20dB Active PAD
- Maximum Input Level +38dBu (PAD in)
- Input Impedance >4kΩ (Pad out), >10kΩ (Pad in)
- Mic EIN -127.5dBu with 150Ω source
- Phantom Power indication Per socket, internal or external phantom power sensing, triggered at 24V
- Measured Prime in to AES out, 20-20kHz, minimum Gain, Pad out.
- Full Signal Dynamic Range 114.8dB
- Noise at 0dB gain -96.8dBu
- Frequency Response to AES output
- At 0dB gain: 10Hz - 20kHz +0/-0.3dB
- At 30dB gain: 10Hz - 20kHz +0/-0.3dB
- At 60dB gain: 10Hz - 20kHz +0/-0.25dB
- THD+N (analog in to AES out)
- 0.0009% @ +10dBu out 0dB gain
- 0.0009% @ +10dBu out 10dB gain
- 0.001% @ +10dBu out 20dB gain
- 0.0011% @ +10dBu out 30dB gain
- OutputsDAC 96kHz, 32-bit Delta-Sigma
- Analog XLR Outputs
- Output Impedance: <60Ω
- Nominal Output: +4dBu = 0dB meter reading
- Maximum Output Level: +22dBu
- Residual Output Noise: -94dBu (22-22kHz)
- THD+N: -105dB (22-22kHz) @1kHz
- Crosstalk separation: -94dBu (22-22kHz) @1kHz