Please Note – unlike standard ribbon microphones, the AR5 is active and requires phantom power to operate.
The ART AR5 has been engineered to deliver incredibly open and natural sounding recordings available only from a classic ribbon microphone with the added advantages available only in a true active ribbon mic design.
Classic ribbon diaphragm design delivers the warmest and most natural sound reproduction available from virtually any style of studio microphone. With incredibly fast and accurate transient response and stunning realism, the ART AR5 ribbon element is ideal for today’s direct to digital recordings.
The integrated active preamp module in the AR5 sets it apart from standard passive ribbon mics. This module allows the classic ribbon tone to be realized with the added advantages of increased output with more stable frequency and dynamic response when the microphone is used with various differing input channel strips or preamps.
Although ribbon microphones are by nature extremely fragile, the AR5 can handle high sound pressure levels approaching 150dB range. The low-tension 2-micron aluminum ribbons offer audio reproduction with smooth, natural extended low and high frequency response. The asymmetrical figure-8 pickup pattern has an extended sweet spot on the rear face of the microphone allowing the recording to accurately reproduce the natural space and ambient reverberation of a good sounding live room.
The microphone’s precision-tooled body and dent resistant stainless-steel wire-mesh windscreen offer unmatched long term reliability. The included shock-mount virtually eliminates vibration and handling noise, while at the same time safely securing the microphone in any position needed during the recording process.
ART AR5 Features
- The AR5 is active and requires phantom power to operate
- Classic ribbon mic tone with benefits of active ribbon design
- Active ribbon microphone, requires phantom power to operate
- Dual ribbon construction for added sensitivity
- Integrated active electronics for improved stability and increased output
- Removable shockmount
- Compact design
- AR5 active ribbon microphone1
- Shock mount1
- Carry case1
- Transducer TypeRibbon
- Polar PatternFigure-8
- Frequency Response20 Hz - 18 kHz
- Output Impedance<100 Ω
- Recommended Load Impedance1000 Ω
- Max SPL150dB (1kHz @ 1% THD)
- S/N Ratio69dB (1kHz @ 1kPa)
- Open Circuit Sensitivity-42dB (7.9mV) 1v@1Pa
- Noise25dB SPL
- Power Requirement48v Phantom Power 3.0mA Typical
- Dimensions1.1" x 6.9"