The ProVLA II is a tube driven Vactrol®-based Compressor / Leveling amplifier designed to excel in any professional audio environment. Superior performance and an incredible tone makes the ProVLA II and indispensable tool for tracking, mixing, mastering, dynamic control of live sound sources or for use in broadcast audio.
Capable of delivering a far more musical natural sounding and sonically transparent compression than competitive units in its class, the ProVLA II uses an Opto-electronic circuit rather than the more typical design VCA driven level detection circuit. This VCA-less design coupled with a 12AT7 vacuum tube in the gain stage makes the Pro-VLA II the ideal dynamic control device for critical audio applications. Exceptional signal integrity with extremely low noise and low distortion is achieved in the ProVLA II by utilizing a transformerless design throughout.
The Pro VLA II’s Opto-electronic design allows a far more transparent and musical sounding compression without sounding aggressive or un-natural. This Vactrol based optical electronic circuitry is the basic component of the classic highly sought after compressors of past. Vactrol® design allows the ProVLA II to react to audio signal in much the same way the eye naturally adjusts to fluctuations in light levels – smoothly, quietly and almost imperceptibly.
XLR and 1/4-inch TRS balanced inputs and outputs are provided to ensure the ProVLA II can connect with any audio source or hardware. A +4dBu/-10dBu mode switch optimizes ProVLA II I/O for either consumer or professional equipment. Large highly visible backlit analog VU meters accurately display input and output levels while extremely fast 10-segment LED’s display gain reduction.
ART PRO VLA II Features
- VCA-Less Vactrol Opto-Compression design
- Mastering quality audio signal path with tube gain stage
- Enhanced Link Mode
- Variable threshold, ratio and output controls
- LED backlit VU input/output level metering
- Soft knee leveling
- +4dBu/-10dBu mode switch
- Active balanced XLR and 1/4-inch inputs and outputs
- Toroidal transformer reduces mechanical and electrical hum
- PRO VLA II 2-Channel Vactrol-Based Compressor1
- Equivalent Input Noise@+4dBu: -99dBu (”A” weighted) / @-10 dBV: -107dBu (”A” weighted)
- Maximum Attenuation30dB
- Input Impedance10KΩ
- Maximum Input Level+20dBu (in +4dBu mode) / +10dBV (in -10dBV mode)
- Maximum Output Level+20dB max
- Frequency Response10Hz to 100KHz (+/- 0.5dB)
- Dynamic Range> 100dB (20-20KHz)
- Attack Time0.25msec. to 50msec. variable
- Release TimeVariable 150ms to 3s
- SlopeVariable 2:1 to 20:1
- Total Harmonic Distortion<0.1% (typical)
- Dimensions3.5x19x9.2″ (8.9x48.3x23.3cm)
- Weight10.5lbs (4.76kg)