Part of Ashly’s innovative CA Series of power amplifiers, the CA 502 is a 2-channel configuration that can drive up to 500W at 2/4 Ω. Designed from the ground up and built with up-to-the-minute technology and components, this power amp boosts efficiency, speeds up switching, and stays cool without fans. The CA 502 can take it down to 2Ω without missing a beat or suffering power drop-off.
Avoid the power-sucking problems of traditional big amps. Ashly’s proprietary D-MAX™ technology takes Class D performance and efficiency to a whole new level. Engineers applied cutting-edge design practices and state-of-the-art components to create the most efficient amp possible. The pay-off is less heat, lower distortion, more stable operation, and greater reliability.
Bulky heat sinks are no longer required. Instead, active air cooling is optimized using the SailFlow™ architecture, which moves the air along a selective path to where it’s needed most. Since this design ensures the air path only goes over the components that need cooling—rather than arbitrarily over the entire amp—the CA 502 runs even cooler and efficiently, ensuring stable operation even under heavy loads.
Combining its ultra-high speed switching power supply (with silicon dioxide semiconductors and diodes) and intelligent power management, all the transient impact and spatial detail of your sound are preserved. Light-weight and power-efficient, CA will never pull more power than your wall outlet delivers. No more worry about driving speakers to the brink of destruction or tripping breakers.
Ashly’s CA Series of power amps are ideal for performances in theaters, school auditoriums, and house of worship applications. Boasting 70V direct-drive capability with no reconfiguration necessary, the CA 502 is also a great choice for commercial installations that require integration-friendly features. This power amp’s XLR and Euroblock connectivity options make it easy to incorporate into almost any setup.
Ashly CA 502 Features
- 2 channels, 500W
- Ultra-efficient D-MAX Class D design
- Dynamic Power Factor Correction
- Bi-lateral SailFlow cooling
- Switchable HPF and Clip Limiter per channel
- Solid metal front panel
- 5 Year Warranty
- CA 502 2 x 500W/70V at 4Ω Multi Mode power amplifier1
- Low Z Output, per Channel
- 2 Ω: 500
- 4 Ω: 500
- 8 Ω: 250
- Total Power Draw (all channels driven, 1/8 power sinewave)
- Standby: 8 W
- Idle (no signal): 17 W
- 1/8 Max Power: 1.5 W
- Total Current Draw (all channels driven, 1/8 power sinewave, 120VAC)
- Standby: 0.2 Amps
- Idle (no signal): 0.27 Amps
- 1/8 Max Power: 1.5 Amps
- Total Thermal Dissipation (all channels driven, 120VAC)
- Standby mode: 28 BTU/hour with typical input
- Idle (no signal): 57 BTU/hour with typical input
- 1/8 Max Power, 4Ω: 120 BTU/hour with typical input
- 1/8 Max Power, 2Ω: 148 BTU/hour with typical input
- Input Sensitivity
- @26 dB gain: 3.9V (+14dBu)
- @32 dB gain: 1.9V (+7.8dBu)
- @38 dB gain: 0.97V (+2 dBu)
- @1.4V gain: 1.4V (+5.1 dBu)
- Frequency Response20 Hz - 20,000 Hz (+/-0.05 dB)
- Channel Separation (dB from full output, 1kHz)-75 dB
- Input Impedance10k Ω
- Max Input Level+21 dBu
- Dimensions19" x 3.5" x 14.84"
- Weight13 pounds