The GD87 is a high performance coaxial speaker with performance specifications identical to the legendary AtlasIED Model C803A. This similarity in sonic quality insures that existing C803A systems may be expanded with the new GD87 without any noticeable sonic or performance differences.
The high-quality, 16 watt Model GD87 utilizes a post mounted tweeter which adds strength to the assembly and provides an attractive appearance. This coaxial speaker features a 45Hz - 19kHz (nominal) frequency response and a broad, uniform dispersion pattern of 105° (2kHz octave band). The GD87 combines a full-size 8" (203mm) dia., low-frequency reproducer and a 3" (76mm) high-frequency reproducer. The two sections are coupled via a built-in crossover network. The woofer has a 10oz. (260g) ceramic magnet; the tweeter has a 2.35 oz. (67g) ceramic magnet. The unit has an average sensitivity of 96dB (1W/1m).
The speaker is matched with a high efficiency 8 watt 70.7V transformer with a maximum insertion loss of 0.6dB. This premium transformer is constructed of audio grade laminations and has a full range frequency response of +1dB from 50Hz - 15kHz. The primary taps are 1, 2, 4, and 8 watts.
AtlasIED GD87 Features
- Individually Packaged for Stocking & Ordering Convenience
- Industry Standard 8" (203mm) Coaxial, 16 Watt, Loudspeaker with High Quality Factory Installed 8 Watt Line Matching Transformer
- Offers Proven Performance with Wide Frequency Response
- Post-Mounted Tweeter Adds Strength and a More Attractive Appearance
- ETL Certified, Safety Listed to UL1480 and UL2043
- GD87 8" Coaxial In-ceiling Speaker1
- Speaker Type Treated Paper
- Sensitivity 96dB Average
- Frequency Response 55Hz - 15kHz
- Power Taps 1, 2, 4, & 8 Watts
- Dispersion 105° (2kHz Octave Band, -6dB Points)
- Diameter 8 1/8" (20.6375 cm)
- Safety Listed 1480, 2043