With a majority of America's workplaces having adopted an open office plan, favoring a labyrinth of cubicles over traditional closed offices, conversational privacy has become an increasingly sensitive issue. A properly designed sound masking system can significantly increase speech privacy and improve the overall work environment.
The AtlasIED M1000-USA sound masking speaker assembly is designed to accurately reproduce the needed spectrum of masking sound into the plenum space. The innovative 734 in3 square enclosure ensures ample low frequency response. A specially designed 8" dual cone speaker is included in the package. A high efficiency 70.7V internal transformer is coupled to an external selector switch for easy system tuning. For more precise adjustments, an off switch and a wide selection of wattage taps ranging from .25 watts to 4 watts are provided.
The exclusive AtlasIED EZ hang brackets simplify installation. This innovative suspension system utilizes two collapsible galvanized hangers configured to allow quick upward, downward, or horizontal firing installation. The hangers are factory-installed on the unit and fold flat for shipping. The Atlas M1000-USA is proudly assembled in our Ennis, TX production facility and meets Buy American Act standards.
Installation is made easy via the optional 78" (2m) suspension chain system, part MCHAIN72, that allows quick mounting and height adjustment of the M1000-USA. An integral wire strain relief strategically located on the top of the enclosure allows for secure speaker cable termination.
Additionally, to meet most local code requirement, the M1000-USA includes an innovative cover containing both knockouts and a strain relief. This system will allow the use of rigid or flexible conduit (if required) and easily accommodates "through" connections on the removable plate.
AtlasIED M1000-USA Features
- Pre-assembled unit includes 8" diameter loudspeaker, transformer, enclosure, baffle and mounting hardware with snap hanger
- Quick and easy installation
- Innovative input panel includes combination knock-out and strain relief connector to accommodate flexible or rigid conduit
- Suitable for use above suspended ceiling systems or open ceiling spaces, and approved for use in air handling (plenum ceilings)
- 70V / 100V capable
- UL 1480 & UL 2043
- M1000-USA 8'' Dual Cone Sound Masking Speaker1
- Loudspeaker 8" Dual Cone
- Transformer Taps .25, .5, 1, 2, 4 Watts
- Sound Dispersion Upward, Downward, or Horizontal
- Enclosure Volume 734 in³
- Height 5.5" (139.7 mm)
- Length 11.56" (294 mm)
- Weight 9 lbs (3.4 kg)