The Z Series is an all-in-one solution that not only supplies high quality speech privacy, but also delivers high quality background music and paging. The Z Series includes a multitude of features enabling it to conform to most design requirements but remains intuitive enough for simple operation and quick installation.
The Z4-B has a 4-zone, 120-watt, configuration that is ideal for all business types where sound masking and paging /BGM are required. The Z4-B includes 4-zones of 70V output and can operate in multiple configuration modes: four-zone indirect field sound masking (up to 14,000 square feet), two zones of direct fields sound masking, or a combination of indirect sound masking and BGM zones.
The unit can be mounted multiple ways including in-wall, surface mount, or rack mount. Once installed all hardware and wiring is located behind the secure front panel making it convenient for integrators to centrally locate all wiring without the need for a cabinet. The front panel display allows for system programming as well as end user control post installation. The unit comes preconfigured with multiple sound masking filter presets selected by renowned sound masking expert Dr. Bob Chanaud that are user selectable to match the installation type. Custom presets have been configured in the included PC project design software that can also be loaded via the front panel USB port.
For conference room applications where secure speech privacy is required, the Z4-B features a Speech Privacy Enhancement mode that can be engaged while a meeting is in progress. Speech Privacy Enhancement mode applies additional acoustical energy to the surrounding environment, increasing the privacy levels for the conference room occupants. AtlasIED has been developing, manufacturing, and assisting and commissioning sound masking systems for over forty years using proprietary Chanaud masking Filters. These unique secured speech filters have been approved and implemented in many installations around the world including military and government facilities. Activation of the Speech Privacy Enhancement feature is accomplished by hardwired switch, an iOS® or Android® application, or using an optional wireless desktop / wall mount switch. An optional wired or wireless sign is available for a visual aid to notify attendees when Speech Privacy Enhancement is active.
Acoustical System Features
- 4-zones, 30-watts 70.7V/100V output
- Integrated analog noise generators
- Selectable mic/line input for paging or recorded messaging
- 3.5mm stereo summed auxiliary input for BGM
- Bluetooth® streaming for background music
- Enhanced privacy mode with optional wired or wireless sign
- Preconfigured sound masking system presets
- VOX priority muting for paging and background audio
- Independent level controls per zone for mic/line aux and Bluetooth®
- All inputs have EQ, hi & lo pass filters and limit
- Independent EQ and level adjustment in each masking zone
- Independent system commissioning ramping in each masking zone
- Onboard DSP
- Sound masking generator
- Z4-B 4-Zone High Definition Acoustical System1
- Output Power 4 x 30-Watts @ 70.7V/100V
- Input Type Mic/Line Balanced 3-Position Phoenix, 3.5mm Summed Unbalanced Auxiliary, Bluetooth
- Power Input 24VDC, 2-Position 3.5mm Euro Block
- Output Impedance 115Ω
- Signal to Noise Ratio >90dB Below Rated Output (A-weighted)
- Power Consumption
- Idle: 160mA
- Average, All Channels Driven: 560mA
- Max, All Channels Driven: 1.9A
- Operating Voltage 110V - 230V, 50/60Hz