A versatile member of Audio-Technica’s Artist Elite® microphone series, the AE3000 Cardioid Condenser Instrument Microphone easily fits into myriad setups. Its high tolerance of sound pressure levels equips it for use with guitar cabinets, toms, snare, timpani, horns, overheads, and more. Its large diaphragm capsule and open headcase architecture cooperate to produce extremely accurate, open sound.
The AE3000 features a condenser element, an integrated 80Hz HPF switch, and a built-in 10dB pad. Its cardioid polar pattern reduces the pickup of unwanted noise from the side and rear, so you can “aim” the mic at the desired sound source and neatly capture isolated sound. Because this makes mic placement critical, the AE3000 is also compact and easy to position, with a side address design that includes a tapered grille, enabling you to perfectly place it so the element is directly in front of the desired sound source.
The AE3000 boasts a robust design that makes it a reliable choice for touring and other travel applications. It also features an integrated 80 Hz HPF switch and a 10 dB pad. Included with the AE3000 are helpful accessories: an AT8471 isolation clamp for 5/8"-27 threaded stands, which helps reduce handling noise; a 5/8"-27 to 3/8"-16 threaded adapter; and an R6 soft protective pouch for secure transportation and safe storage.
Audio-Technica AE3000 Features
- Excels in high-SPL applications
- Large-diaphragm capsule and open architecture of the headcase to provides accurate sound
- Low-profile side-address design with tapered grille
- Cardioid polar pattern improves isolation of the desired sound source
- Robust design for enduring dependability on the road
- Integral 80 Hz HPF switch and 10 dB pad
- AE3000 Cardioid Condenser Instrument Microphone1
- AT8471 isolation clamp for 5/8"-27 threaded stands1
- 5/8"-27 to 3/8"-16 threaded adapter1
- R6 Soft Protective Pouch1
- Transducer TypeCondenser
- Polar PatternCardioid
- Frequency Response20 Hz - 20 kHz
- Output Impedance100 ohms
- Sensitivity-43 dBV/Pa (7.0 mV)
- Low Frequency Roll Off80 Hz, 12 dB/octave
- Maximum Input Sound Level
- 148 dB SPL, 1 kHz at 1% T.H.D.
- 158 dB SPL, with 10 dB pad (nominal)
- Noise11 dB SPL
- Dynamic Range137 dB, 1 kHz at Max SPL
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio83 dB, 1 kHz at 1 Pa
- Phantom Power Requirements11-52V DC, 3 mA typical
- High-pass filter
- 10 dB pad (nominal)
- Connector3-Pin XLRM
- Dimensions4.55 inches (115.5 mm) long, 1.89 inches (48 mm) maximum diameter
- Weight6 oz (170 g)