The AE3300 from Audio-Technica’s Artist Elite series is a cardioid condenser handheld microphone. It features the same condenser element as Audio-Technica’s classic AT4033 mic that has proven a favorite in professional recording studios worldwide. Offering a strong up-front presence, the AT3300 is ideal for live vocal performances such as small choir groups, lead singers, worship bands, and more, as well as studio recording.
Engineered inside and out for pristine sound quality while maintaining low handling noise, the AT3300 features a rugged all-metal build for durable, reliable performance at home or on the road. Its condenser circuitry is engineered for exceptional transient responses and clean output signals, while the mic’s hardened-steel outer grille with its fine steel mesh lining and layer of open-cell foam protects against vocal plosives-- without compromising its high-frequency clarity. It also features a groundbreaking anti-shock design, double-sided PCB surface-mount components, extensive grounding plane, and attention to best-practices in grounding methods all contribute to reducing handling and electrical noise to ensure a quiet performance that catches every nuance of your voice.
The well-tempered cardioid polar pattern of the AE3300 exhibits great rejection qualities that minimize pickup of background noise from the sides and rear, so you can focus on capturing the sounds you want. This mic’s condenser performance is enhanced by a high-pass filter switch and pad switch. The integral 80 Hz high-pass filter minimizes pickup of low-frequency background noise and switches between a flat frequency response to low-end roll-off to make it less sensitive to vocal pops. The pad switch enables access to an additional 10dB of headroom while minimizing pickup of distortion and signal overload noises.
The AT3300 comes with a custom AT8470 Quiet-Flex™ stand clamp for 5/8"-27 threaded stands provides silent, flexible microphone positioning. Also included is an 5/8"-27 to 3/8"-16 threaded adapter, as well as a T4 soft protective pouch for secure transportation and safe storage.
Audio-Technica AE3300 Features
- Exceptional performance for exceptional performers
- Same element as the classic AT4033 studio microphone
- Well-tempered polar pattern with outstanding rejection qualities
- Superior anti-shock engineering ensures low handling noise and quiet performance
- High-quality double-sided PCB uses surface-mount components
- Extensive grounding plane and attention to best-practice grounding methods minimize electrical noise
- Cardioid polar pattern reduces pickup of sounds from the sides and rear, improving isolation of the desired sound source
- Multi-stage grille design protects against plosives and sibilance without compromising high-frequency clarity
- Robust all-metal design for enduring dependability on the road
- Quiet-Flex™ stand clamp provides silent, flexible microphone positioning
- Integral 80 Hz HPF switch and 10 dB pad
- AE3300 cardioid condenser handheld microphone1
- Stand clamp for 5/8"-27 threaded stands (AT8740)1
- 5/8"-27 to 3/8"-16 Threaded adapter1
- Protective pouch1
- Transducer TypeCondenser
- Polar PatternCardioid
- Frequency Response30 Hz - 18 kHz
- Output Impedance150 ohms
- Sensitivity-42 dBV/Pa (7.9 mV)
- Low-frequency roll-off80 Hz, 12 dB/octave