For exchanging capsules or with handheld transmitters sold without capsules, ATW-C5400 may be a compatible choice. Designed specifically for Audio-Technica’s handheld mics in the 3000, 5000 and 6000 Series, the industry-standard thread mount allows this capsule to be taken on and off a transmitter easily.
This capsule utilizes a cardioid polar pattern. With this pattern sound from in front of the mic capsule is picked up well, with sound from the sides and back largely left out. Feedback and background noise are controlled and reduced from this cardioid pattern. Between the cardioid polar pattern and handheld use, this capsule works well in many different speaking applications.
A condenser-style microphone capsule, the ATW-C5400 tends to operate better in a controlled environment than in live use. For this and the capsule’s other specifications, it is a popular choice in studios, and pre-recording lectures or other presentations.
Audio-Technica ATW-C5400 Features
- Cardioid polar pattern
- Condenser microphone
- Industry-standard thread mount
- Easily mount and remove from handheld transmitter
- Capsule Compatibility
- ATW-T3202 (3000 Series)
- ATW-T5202 (5000 Series)
- ATW-T6002xS (6000 Series)
- ATW-C5400 Cardioid Condenser Microphone Capsule1
- Element Fixed-charge back plate permanently polarized condenser
- Polar Pattern Cardioid
- Frequency Response Depending on the wireless handheld transmitter
- Power Requirements 5 V DC
- Weight 150 g
- Dimensions 84.4 mm long, 50 mm max. diameter
- Output ConnectorInterchangeable industry-standard thread