This phantom-powered cardioid condenser boundary microphone features a 3-pin XLR output connector with a capacitive touch switch that enables local muting of the microphone.
Designed for clear, highly intelligible conferencing, recording, monitoring and other demanding sound pickup applications, the ES947C/FM3 mounts unobtrusively in tabletops or panels, but includes a highly visible two-state RGB LED ring (7 selectable colors + OFF) to indicate mute status.
The microphone’s cardioid polar pattern provides a 120° pickup angle. A rugged all-metal case with a two-layer steel mesh grille protects the microphone element, while our UniGuard® RFI-shielding technology provides outstanding rejection of radio frequency interference (RFI).
The ES947C/FM3 is equipped with a self-contained power module, eliminating the need for an external one, and comes with a pair of rubber isolators for optional mechanical isolation from the mounting surface.
Audio-Technica ES947C/FM3 Features
- Designed for surface-mount applications such as conferencing, recording, monitoring and other demanding sound pickup applications
- Capacitive touch switch enables local muting of the microphone
- Highly visible two-state RGB LED ring (7 selectable colors + OFF) indicates mute status
- Low-profile element provides uniform cardioid polar pattern with 120° acceptance angle
- Mounts unobtrusively in tabletops and panels
- Self-contained power module with 3-pin XLR output connector
- Rugged all-metal case with a two-layer steel mesh grille
- Rubber Isolators provide mechanical dampening of mounting-surface vibration
- Requires 11V to 52V DC phantom power
- UniGuard® RFI-shielding technology offers outstanding rejection of radio frequency interference (RFI)
- RoHS compliant
- ES947C/FM3 Cardioid Condenser Boundary Microphone1
- Rubber isolators (two types)2
- Transducer TypeCondenser
- Polar PatternCardioid
- Frequency Response70 Hz - 15 kHz
- Output Impedance60 ohms
- Sensitivity-37 dBV/Pa
- Maximum Input Sound Level134 dB SPL (1 kHz at 1% THD)
- Dynamic Range(typical) 110 dB (1 kHz at max SPL)
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio70 dB (1 kHz at 1 Pa, A-weighted)
- Phantom Power Requirements11-52V DC, 2 mA
- Connector3-Pin XLRM
- Dimensions38 mm (1.5") W x 48 mm (1.89") D x 84.8 mm (3.34") H
- Weight59 g (2.1 oz)