The MicroPodTM Series is a modular system consisting of the M1250B miniature condenser microphone combined with either a 6, 12, or 18-inch gooseneck. Designed for applications such as presentations, meetings, and teleconferencing, the MicroPod Series is known for clarity, immunity to RF, excellent sound quality, and ease of operation. The MicroPods have the ability to accurately capture and reproduce speech from a comfortable distance.
The MicroPod Gooseneck Series is characterized by a uniformly controlled cardioid polar pattern, helping to isolate the speaker from other ambient noise in the room or on the stage. The MicroPod is also available with a hypercardioid polar pattern for tighter pick-up; a shotgun pattern is also available for greater reach and more focused response. With a wide frequency range of 50 Hz – 19 kHz, the MicroPods will provide natural sound with an exceptional transient response.
One of the advantages of the MicroPod is that the gooseneck can be utilized with any of the microphones from the MicrosTM Series, allowing for more flexibility and a broad range of applications. The MicroPod Series, which is often used in conjunction with the Audix ATS Series table stand with a lit on-off switch, may also be used on a standard mic stand when used with the DCLIP microphone stand adapter. The MicroPod Series features a machined brass microphone with an integrated mic preamp, field-replaceable capsule, high-quality gooseneck terminating in a standard XLRm, and a variety of optional accessories. The MicroPod Series require 18 – 52 Volts phantom power and are available in a non-reflective black matte finish.
Models use different microphones and have different gooseneck lengths. Microphones share several specifications, with polar patterns being different. Details are indicated in the specifications tab.
- MicroPod 6: M1250B microphone, 6" gooseneck
- MicroPod 12: M1250B microphone, 12" gooseneck
- MicroPod 18: M1250B microphone, 18" gooseneck
- MicroPod 6HC: M1250BHC microphone, 6" gooseneck
- MicroPod 12HC: M1250BHC microphone, 12" gooseneck
- MicroPod 18HC: M1250BHC microphone, 18" gooseneck
- MicroPod 6S: M1250BS microphone, 6" gooseneck
Audix MicroPod Features
- RF immunity
- Natural sound with exceptional transient response
- Accurately capture and reproduce speech from a comfortable distance
- Gooseneck can be utilized with any Micros Series microphone
- Designed for presentations, meetings, and teleconferencing
- MicroPod gooseneck microphone1
- TM1218 flange table mount1
- WS1218 external windscreen1
- Transducer TypeCondenser
- Polar PatternsCardioid (M1250B), Hypercardioid (M1250HC), Supercardioid (M1250BS)
- Frequency Response50 Hz - 19 kHz
- Output Impedance150 Ω
- Equivalent Noise Level21 dB (A-weighted)
- Signal to Noise Ratio73 dB
- Max SPL≥140 dB
- Dynamic Range119 dB
- Power Requirements18 - 52 V
- Connector3 pin mini-XLRM
- Constructionmachined brass with black finish