Use Waves plugins live? Access and control them from your Avid VENUE | S6L surface and VENUE software interface with this option card, which links Waves SoundGrid systems directly with S6L. This collaboration between Avid and Waves provides full unrivalled integration, enabling you to interact with Waves plugins and their parameters just as easily as and right alongside your AAX plugins.
Just like AAX plugins, all Waves plugins linked through your Waves SoundGrid system can be accessed using the controls on your S6L surface and the VENUE software interface. Unlike other solutions that require interaction in a separate host from your live mixing rig, the WSG-HD (Waves SoundGrid High Density) Option Card integrates directly with the latest VENUE software, so your Waves plugins show up in the same VENUE Plugins Racks as your other plugins, with full Snapshot automation and ADC support.
If you have VENUE show files created on older VENUE TDM-based systems (such as VENUE | Profile) that use Waves plugins, you can easily transfer them for use in VENUE | S6L. Simply open a show file in S6L with a connected Waves SoundGrid server, and all of your existing Waves plugin parameters and settings will load directly into your system, ready to go.
The WSG-HD card offers the simplest set-up of any console, enabling you to be up and running in mere minutes. The card installs easily into the Avid VENUE | E6L engine, providing a direct link to your Waves SoundGrid server using a simple Cat5e cable. Because there’s no need for an additional network switch or external computer, you can reduce costs while eliminating the hassle of dealing with extra hardware.
The WSG-HD card provides 128 audio paths, giving you maximum creative flexibility across every production. It also offers full redundancy and automatic failover when using two Waves SoundGrid servers, providing the security and protection you need to ensure the show always goes on.
- VENUE | S6L system running VENUE 5.7 or later software
- Waves SoundGrid Server One or Extreme Server—Impact Server not supported at this time
- Waves Central for VENUE (to install and activate Waves plugins)
- Waves SoundGrid Rack for VENUE license
Avid WSG-HD Features
- Experience full Waves Integration
- Bring old show files to S6L
- Easy set-up
- Unmatched performance and reliability
- WSG-HD Waves SoundGrid option card1
- Audio Paths128 voices—Each voice occupies a single path, so stereo channels occupy two paths, while a sidechain occupies an additional path
- Plugin SupportSupports up to 128 Waves SoundGrid Rack instances—Each Rack instance can support up to 8 Waves plugins for a maximum total of 1,024 Waves plugins per WSG-HD card
- Card ConnectionsTwo RJ45 ports for connecting up to two Waves SoundGrid servers via Cat5e cables
- Host ConnectionPCIe for installation in any Avid VENUE | E6L engine; only one WSG-HD card may be installed per engine