Use the HDMI to SDI 3G micro converter to connect HDMI cameras and computers to SDI equipment for broadcast quality. Professional 3G-SDI connections are compatible with all SD and HD formats up to 1080p60. The two 3G-SDI outputs can be set to level A or level B formats, and the converter supports feature film video formats. The converter can be powered via its USB connection, or the included 100 to 240V AC power supply with four adapters. Miniature size and rugged design make this converter an exceptional choice for professional broadcasts, live productions, and on set use.
High quality components in a micro design make this converter ideal for all styles of broadcast, live production, and on set use. Turn a computer display, TV, or video projector into professional level color calibrated broadcast monitoring. Run a slide show on a computer with a converter for broadcast quality titles during a live production. The converter works with 8 and 10-bit video formats, in RGB or YUV, and in all SD and HD formats up to 1080p60.
Precision-engineered electronics generate very low SDI jitter so SDI cables can be extended over long distances. The converter also utilizes high quality signal processing and deep bit depth video pipeline. Built-in SDI re-clocking on the 3G-SDI output supports longer cable length setups. SDI re-clocking regenerates SDI video, reduces SDI jitter, and improves SDI eye pattern. Those changes occur before the converter sends the signal to other equipment so even degraded SDI signals can be used.
Custom hardware design supports technical features crucial to high end broadcast use. HDMI and SDI timecode conversion fully support timecode in standard and high definition video formats. This means any HDMI device supporting timecode can be converted to SDI to get that timecode into larger broadcast systems. Electronics meet current global broadcast specifications, and the converter is designed to be updated with new standards in the future.
Enjoy accurate color monitoring with a 3D LUT. With the 3D LUT you can apply custom looks, color, and gamma changes in real time. The 3D LUT function can use the converter as a 3D LUT processor, provide color calibration to your monitor, and is compatible with DaVinci Resolve primary color corrector.
Blackmagic Design Micro Converter Features
- Pocket sized broadcast quality converter
- Powered via USB connection or included AC power supply
- 3G-SDI connections support all SD and HD formats up to 1080p60
- Convert HDMI cameras to professional SDI
- Converter utility software free download to change settings and update converter software
- 3D LUT provides accurate color monitoring
- HDMI timecode support
- SDI re-clocking
- Micro Converter HDMI to SDI 3G wPSU1
- +5V universal power supply with international socket adapters1
- Three Year Limited Manufacturer's Warranty1
- SDI Video Outputs
- 2 x SD, HD or 3G‑SDI
- Automatically matches the HDMI input
- SDI Video Outputs
- HDMI Video Inputs HDMI Type A in
- Multi Rate Support Auto detection of SD or HD
- Updates, Configurations and Power USB Type‑C
- Reclocking Yes
- SD Video Standards: 525i59.94 NTSC, 625i50 PAL
- HD Video Standards: 720p50, 720p59.94, 720p60 1080p23.98, 1080p24, 1080p25, 1080p29.97, 1080p30, 1080p47.95, 1080p48, 1080p50, 1080p59.94, 1080p60 1080i50, 1080i59.94, 1080i60
- SDI Compliance: SMPTE 259M, SMPTE 292M, SMPTE 296M, SMPTE 424M, SMPTE 425M
- SDI Video Rates: SDI video connections are switchable between standard definition and high definition, and user selectable level A and B for 3G‑SDI via setup utility.
- SDI Color Precision: 4:2:2
- SDI Color Space: YUV
- SDI Auto Switching: Automatically detects SD, HD and 3G-SDI
- HDMI Video Standards: 525i59.94 NTSC, 625i50 PAL 720p50, 720p59.94, 720p60 1080p23.98, 1080p24, 1080p25, 1080p29.97, 1080p30, 1080p47.95, 1080p48, 1080p50, 1080p59.94, 1080p60 1080i50, 1080i59.94, 1080i60
- HDMI Color Precision: 4:2:2
- HDMI Color Space: YUV
- Copy ProtectionHDMI input is unable to capture from copy protected HDMI sources. Always confirm copyright ownership before capture or distribution of content
- Software Control: Mac OSX™ and Windows™ software via USB.
- Internal Software: Upgrade Via USB.
- Operating Systems
- Mac 10.15 Catalina, Mac 11.1 Big Sur or later
- Windows 10, 64-bit
- Settings ControlVia software utility
- Power Requirements
- Power Supply: +5V universal power supply included with international socket adapters for most countries.
- Power Consumption 2 W
- Operational Voltage Range: 4.4 to 5.25V DC
- Environmental Specifications
- Operating Temperature: 0° to 40° C (32° to 104° F)
- Storage Temperature: -20° to 60° C (-4° to 140° F)
- Relative Humidity: 0% to 90% non-condensing