Use the SDI to HDMI 3G micro converter for professional monitoring. Professional 3G-SDI connections are compatible with all SD and HD formats up to 1080p60. The converter can be powered via its USB connection, or the included 100 to 240V AC power supply with four adapters. 3D LUT function can color calibrate any monitor, projector, or TV being converted. The converter supports DCI formats and film rates. Miniature size and rugged design make this converter an exceptional choice for professional broadcasts, live productions, and on set use.
High quality components in a micro design make this converter ideal for all styles of broadcast, live production, and on set use. Turn a computer display, TV, or video projector into professional level color calibrated broadcast monitoring. Run a slide show on a computer with a converter for broadcast quality titles during a live production. The converter works with 8 and 10-bit video formats, in RGB or YUV, and in all SD and HD formats up to 1080p60.
Precision-engineered electronics generate very low SDI jitter so SDI cables can be extended over long distances. The converter also utilizes high quality signal processing and deep bit depth video pipeline. Built-in SDI re-clocking on the 3G-SDI output supports longer cable length setups. SDI re-clocking regenerates SDI video, reduces SDI jitter, and improves SDI eye pattern. Those changes occur before the converter sends the signal to other equipment so even degraded SDI signals can be used.
Custom hardware design supports technical features crucial to high end broadcast use. HDMI and SDI timecode conversion fully support timecode in standard and high definition video formats. This means any HDMI device supporting timecode can be converted to SDI to get that timecode into larger broadcast systems. Electronics meet current global broadcast specifications, and the converter is designed to be updated with new standards in the future.
Enjoy accurate color monitoring with a 3D LUT. With the 3D LUT you can apply custom looks, color, and gamma changes in real time. The 3D LUT function can use the converter as a 3D LUT processor, provide color calibration to your monitor, and is compatible with DaVinci Resolve primary color corrector.
Blackmagic Design Micro Converter Features
- Pocket sized broadcast quality converter
- Powered via USB connection
- 3G-SDI connections support all SD and HD formats up to 1080p60
- Connect computers to SDI broadcast systems
- Use big screen TVs for color calibrated SDI monitoring
- Converter utility software free download to change settings and update converter software
- 3D LUT provides accurate color monitoring
- HDMI timecode support
- SDI re-clocking
- Micro Converter SDI to HDMI 3G1
- Three Year Limited Manufacturer's Warranty1
- SDI Video Inputs: 1 x SD, HD or 3G-SDI.
- SDI Video Outputs: 1 x SDI loop out.
- HDMI Outputs: HDMI Type A out.
- Multi Rate Support: Auto detection of SD or HD.
- Updates, Configurations and Power: USB Type‑C.
- SD Video Standards: 525i59.94 NTSC, 625i50 PAL
- HD Video Standards: 720p50, 720p59.94, 720p60 1080p23.98, 1080p24, 1080p25, 1080p29.97, 1080p30, 1080p47.95, 1080p48, 1080p50, 1080p59.94, 1080p60 1080PsF25, 1080PsF29.97, 1080PsF30 1080i50, 1080i59.94, 1080i60
- 2K Video Standards: 2Kp23.98 DCI, 2Kp24 DCI, 2Kp25 DCI, 2Kp29.97 DCI, 2Kp30 DCI, 2Kp47.95 DCI, 2Kp48 DCI, 2Kp50 DCI, 2Kp59.94 DCI, 2Kp60 DCI 2KPsF25 DCI, 2KPsF29.97 DCI, 2KPsF30 DCI SDI Compliance SMPTE 259M, SMPTE 292M, SMPTE 296M, SMPTE 424M, SMPTE 425M
- SDI Video Rates: SDI video connections are switchable between standard definition, 720p 1080i, 1080p and DCI high definition.
- SDI Color Precision: 4:2:2
- SDI Color Space: YUV
- SDI Auto Switching: Automatically detects SD, HD and level A or B for 3G‑SDI.
- HDMI Video Standards: 525i59.94 NTSC, 625i50 PAL 720p50, 720p59.94, 720p60 1080p23.98, 1080p24, 1080p25, 1080p29.97, 1080p30, 1080p47.95, 1080p48, 1080p50, 1080p59.94, 1080p60 1080i50, 1080i59.94, 1080i60
- HDMI Color Precision: 4:2:2. A 17 point LUT can be loaded via the software utility for calibrating or improving monitor color.
- HDMI Color Space: YUV
- Software Control: Mac™ and Windows™ software upgrade via USB.
- Internal Software Upgrade: Via USB.
- Operating Systems
- Mac 10.15 Catalina, Mac 11.1 Big Sur or later
- Windows 10, 64-bit
- Settings ControlVia software utility
- Power Requirements Power Consumption1.6 W
- Operational Voltage Range4.4V to 5.25V DC
- Environmental Specifications
- Operating Temperature: 0° to 40° C (32° to 104° F)
- Storage Temperature: -20° to 60° C (-4° to 140° F)
- Relative Humidity: 0% to 90% non-condensing