Monitor completely independent SDI video sources on HD or Ultra HD displays with the Blackmagic MultiView 4 HD. Full frame re-synchronization on every input lets you monitor any SD, HD, and Ultra HD formats and frame rates all at once on one display. Multi view monitoring is a perfect solution in large control rooms, live multi camera production, and when there isn’t room for multiple monitors.
This low cost multi viewer lets you simultaneously monitor four different SDI video sources on one display. Each view is completely independent with overlays such as custom labels, audio meters, and more. Those overlays can be turned on and off separately for each view. Monitor signals even at different frame rates with full frame re-synchronization on each input.
Multi rate 3G-SDI connections are compatible with SD, HD, and formats up to 1080p60. 3G-SDI and HDMI outputs are also available, so you can work with traditional SDI displays or low cost big screen TVs.
With MultiView 4 HD, you can see all your video sources without connecting multiple monitors and dozens of cables. Simply plug your cameras, decks, switchers, and routers into the SDI connections.</p.
Get 4 independent monitors in one with full-frame re-synchronization. Every input can take a different video standard and frame rate from referenced or non-referenced NTSC, PAL, 720p, 1080i, and 1080p.
Advanced monitoring tools such as custom labels, audio meters, and tally indicators can be displayed with your video. Choose which audio source gets routed to the video output. Anamorphic support is provided in standard definition, letting you view 16 x 9 anamorphic video sources in widescreen.
Blackmagic Design MultiView 4 HD Features
- Monitor multiple SDI sources on an HD or Ultra HD display or TV
- Multi rate SDI connections
- Well-suited for studio or live use
- Full frame re-synchronization
- Custom labels
- Audio meters
- Can be daisy chained
- Can be controlled from included software utility on Mac or Windows
- Blackmagic MultiView 4 HD1
- +12V universal power supply with international socket adapters1
- Three Year Limited Manufacturer's Warranty1
- SDI Video Inputs: 4 x 10-bit SD-SDI and HD-SDI.
- SDI Video Outputs: 1 x HD-SDI.
- SDI Rates: 270Mb, 1.5G, 3G.
- SDI Video Multi View Outputs: 1 x 10-bit HD-SDI.
- HDMI Video Multi View Outputs: 1 x HDMI type A connector. Output supports EDID of the monitor.
- SDI Reclocking: On all SDI outputs, auto switching between standard definition or high definition.
- Reference Input: None
- Multi Rate Support: Auto detection of SD or HD.
- Updates: USB 2.0 high speed (480Mb/s) interface.
- Configuration: USB 2.0
- SD Video Standards: 525i59.94 NTSC, 625i50 PAL
- HD Video Standards: 720p50, 720p59.94, 720p60, 1080p23.98, 1080p24, 1080p25, 1080p29.97, 1080p30, 1080p50, 1080p59.94, 1080p60, 1080PsF23.98, 1080PsF24, 1080i50, 1080i59.94, 1080i60
- 2K Video Standards: 2K DCI 23.98p, 2K DCI 24p, 2K DCI 25p
- SDI Compliance: SMPTE 259M, SMPTE 292M, SMPTE 296M, SMPTE 425M-B, ITU‑R BT.656 and ITU‑R BT.601.
- Audio Meters: Each view, VU standard.
- Source Routing: None
- SDI Video Sampling: 4:2:2 and 4:4:4.
- SDI Audio Sampling: Television standard sample rate of 48kHz and 24-bit.
- SDI Color Precision 10-bit: 4:2:2 and 4:4:4.
- SDI Color Space: YUV or RGB for inputs, YUV for outputs.
- SDI Auto Switching: Automatically selects between SD-SDI and HD-SDI on each input so that each input can be running a different television standard.
- SDI Metadata Support: Video payload identification ancillary data as per SMPTE 352M.
- Built in Control Panel: None
- External Control Panel: None
- Software Control: MultiView software included free for Windows™ and Mac™.
- Internal Software Upgrade: Via included updater application.
- Operating Systems
- Mac 10.15 Catalina, Mac 11.1 Big Sur or later
- Windows 10, 64-bit
- Power Requirements
- Power Supply: +12V universal power supply included with international socket adapters for all countries. Cable tie point.
- Power Fail Protection: MultiView 4 HD settings preserved and restored instantly at power on.
- Power Consumption: 5.5 Watts
- Operational Voltage Range: 6 to 36V D
- Environmental Specifications
- Operating temperature: 0° to 40° C (32° to 104° F)
- Storage temperature: -20° to 45° C (-4° to 113° F)
- Relative Humidity: 0% to 90% non-condensing