With its supercardioid polar plot, the 4097 CORE Micro Shotgun Mic offers a highly-directional pick-up pattern as well as low self noise and high sensitivity. The mic is capable of handling high SPLs, which allows it to deliver undistorted natural sound, even when users speak loudly or yell. With a linear response, low distortion and an extremely large dynamic range, it sounds great no matter how challenging the environment. In addition, dialog and background noise off to the side (off-axis) of the microphone preserves the audio quality; it just drops in level.
Wind machines, rain machines, tight costumes, quick changes – these are normal situations on some film sets and they require durable microphones. The 4097 Plant Mic was built to withstand harsh use as well as water, wind, dust, heat, cold and many other tough conditions that can be commonly found both on location and on a film set.
The 4097 CORE Micro Shotgun Mic is a lightweight, easy-to-use, multi-purpose problem solver for a range of broadcasting situations – including interviewing as well as voice over work. This mic makes it easy to deliver great sound in challenging situations. It shines in outdoor locations, handling inclement weather and limiting intrusive background noises. It’s a professional solution for professional broadcasters.
The 4097 CORE Micro Shotgun Mic uses a small-diaphragm, pre-polarized condenser capsule with a supercardioid pickup pattern mounted deep inside a small interference tube, which sits inside of a small replaceable foam windscreen.
The interference tube used increases the mic's directionality, while maintaining flat on-axis frequency response and consistent off-axis response. Increased directionality, combined with good off-axis rejection, allows the microphone to isolate what should be picked up while attenuating sounds from the sides and rear.
CORE by DPA is a powerful technology at the heart of DPA's miniature microphones. We’ve minimized distortion across the entire dynamic range. You will experience increased audio clarity and openness. All CORE by DPA technology microphones, including the 4097 CORE Micro Shotgun Mic, are IP58 certified. This durability is achieved through a number of defense mechanisms:
- Water-repellant nano-coating of the cover and housing
- Hermetic sealing of the sensitive amplifier at the core of the mic
- Dual gold plating of the diaphragm
The IP58 certification and our general production and testing processes ensure a durable product that allows the mics to work optimally in even the harshest environments.
DPA 4097 CORE Micro Shotgun Microphone Features
- Small footprint, lightweight
- Enhances speech intelligibility
- Built-in shock mount
- Resistant to moisture, extreme temperatures and humidity
- Extensions and range of mounting options available (4099 series of clips)
- Specific interview kit for broadcast
- 4097 CORE Micro Shotgun Microphone1
- Directional patternSupercardioid
- Principle of operationPressure gradient
- Cartridge typePre-polarized condenser
- Frequency response20 Hz - 20 kHz
- Effective frequency range ±2 dB, at 20 cm (7.9 in)80 Hz - 15 kHz with 2 dB soft boost at 10-12 kHz
- Sensitivity, nominal, ±3 dB at 1 kHz16 mV/Pa; -36 dB re. 1 V/Pa
- Equivalent noise level, A-weightedTyp. 23 dB(A) re. 20 µPa (max. 26 dB(A))
- Equivalent noise level, ITU-R BS.468-4Typ. 35 dB (max. 38 dB)
- Distortion, THD < 1%130 dB SPL RMS, 133 dB SPL peak
- Dynamic rangeTyp. 110 dB
- Max. SPL, THD 10%135 dB SPL peak
- Rated output impedanceFrom MicroDot: 30 - 40 Ω. From DAD4099-BC XLR Adapter: 100 Ω
- Cable drive capabilityUp to 300 m (984 ft) with DAD4099-BC XLR Adapter
- Common mode rejection ratio (CMRR)> 60 dB from 50 Hz to 15 kHz with DAD4099-BC XLR Adapter
- Power supply (for full performance)
- For wireless systems: Min. 5 V - max. 10 V through DPA adapter
- With DAD6001-BC: P48 (Phantom Power). Will work from 12 V
- Current consumptionTyp. 1.5 mA (microphone). 3.5 mA with DAD6001-BC XLR Adapter
- Weight10 g (0.35 oz)
- Microphone length10.4 cm (4 in)
- Temperature range-40°C to 45°C (-40°F to 113°F)
- Relative humidity (RH)Up to 90%