The EAW R1523 is a two-way, self-powered loudspeaker. The RS Series delivers EAW signature performance in a portable and lightweight wooden enclosure. Each enclosure in the series is first designed around the latest breed of touring grade HF and LF transducers. The intelligent features of the series include EAW Focusing which provides unmatched musical clarity and tonal accuracy. Pattern control of the RS Series is further enhanced by the unique, constant directivity HF horn; a design theory first proven in our legendary MK Series, a series born from the audio performance needs of stadiums throughout the world.
The lightweight and durable wooden enclosure has been meticulously designed to eliminate resonance and houses onboard bi-amplified electronics (1500W) featuring signature EAW DSP including Focusing and DynO. Our Resolution software platform is a powerful and easy-to-use simulation software that accurately predicts the performance of one or multiple RS Series enclosures within a venue or performance space.
EAW RS153 Features
- Leading-edge touring grade transducers
- EAW Focusing for unmatched clarity and accuracy
- Rotatable MK inspired horn for EAW signature pattern control
- Lightweight and durable wooden enclosure with M10 threaded suspension points
- RS153 2-way powered speaker1
- Frequency response50Hz - 20kHz
- Max SPL138dB
- Operating modebi-amp LF, HF
- Subsystem15" cone, 3" voice coil; 3" voice coil neodymium compression driver, 1.4" exit
- Nominal beamwidth90° horizontal, 60° vertical
- Power handling1500W
- ConnectionsNeutrik PowerCON, XLR input/loop
- Dimensions (HxWxD)28.9" x 17.3" x 16.1"
- Weight54 pounds (25 kg)