Part of the EKX portable speaker series from Electro-Voice, the EKX-18SP 18” powered subwoofer combines quality and reliability in a compact package suitable for a wide range of sound reinforcement scenarios. Ideal for musicians, DJs and live performance, and installed sound applications, the innovative EKX-18SP is equipped with features that optimize performance and versatility, including EV-engineered speaker and amplifier components and on-board signal processing with user-friendly single-knob control and application presets for easy set-up. Electro-Voice’s award-winning industrial design – incorporating robust wood enclosures, premium-quality hardware, and durable EVCoat finish – ensures that this sub looks as great as it sounds.
EKX-18SP features high-efficiency Class-D power amplifiers (up to 1300 W) with integrated QuickSmartDSP, and delivers up to 134 dB SPL utilizing high-sensitivity transducers designed and engineered by EV (18-inch EVS-18C subwoofer). The EKX amplifier incorporates intelligent thermal management (with a variable-speed fan controlled by multiple onboard sensors) which ensures superior performance and reliability in demanding environmental conditions.
Electro-Voice EKX-18SP Features
- QuickSmartDSP features best-in-class processing, EV's signature single-knob user interface, and intuitive menu navigation via LCD
- Cardioid Control Technology allows output to be steered towards the audience with up to 35 dB reduction on stage when multiple subs are deployed
- High-efficiency 1300 W Class D power amplifier delivers up to 134 dB peak SPL on the EKX-18SP utilizing high-sensitivity transducers designed and engineered by EV
- Intelligent thermal management with a variable-speed fan controlled by multiple onboard sensors
- Two XLR outputs for easy system expansion to additional loudspeakers or subwoofers
- Large slot ports for low distortion and excellent bass extension
- Two metal grille reinforcement bars
- M20 threaded pole mount plate
- EKX-18SP 18'' powered subwoofer1
- Frequency response (-3 dB)40 Hz - 150 Hz
- Frequency range (-10 dB)35 Hz - 180 Hz
- Max SPL134 dB peak
- Power rating1300 W
- Power consumption1.8 A/li>
- LF transducerEVS-18C 457 mm (18 in)
- Low pass frequencyadjustable 80 Hz, 100 Hz, 120 Hz, 150 Hz
- Connectors(2) XLR/TRS combo jacks and (2) XLR link outputs
- Enclosure15 mm plywood with EVCoat
- Grille18 AWG steel with powdercoat
- Dimensions (HxWxD)20" x 24" x 24"
- Weight72.4 lb (32.8 kg)