The versatile ELX112P powered loudspeaker from Electro-Voice’s Live X speaker series is a compact, powerful choice with a palpable stage presence that makes it an ideal choice for sound reinforcement and stage monitoring applications of all kinds. Clear, potent, and offering beautiful sound, the Live X (ELX) series is specifically designed to command the stage for professional music performance. The ELX112P is constructed with top-quality components in remarkably affordable configurations for artists, engineers, and live-sound businesses.
The ELX112P couples a DH-1K 39mm (1.5”) titanium diaphragm compression driver with an EVS-12K 305mm (12”) woofer. Its built-in 1000 W Class D lightweight amplifier runs cool and quiet without fans, while its bi-amp design features 24 dB/Octave Filter Slopes and transducer protection. It also includes a 100 Hz high pass filter option that can be used with an external subwoofer (sold separately).
ELX112P includes tons of connectivity options, ranging from dual XLR and TRS combo inputs with independent gain control and stereo RCA input with gain control, to switchable mic/line modes and EQ modes, to an XLR parallel output with selectable pre- or post-mix options. This speaker also can be combined with other Live X series models in a wide variety of configurations, from pole mounts to stacks. Great in either vertical or horizontal orientation, it sports a high-frequency waveguide with a 90° x 50° coverage pattern and a 60° monitor angle.
Designed for a wide range of portable sound applications, Live X speakers from Electro-Voice are housed in hardy stackable enclosures of 15mm plywood that’s internally braced, making them lighter than comparable-quality composite or plastic boxes and therefore easier to load, transport, and set up. With high output, an extended frequency range of 50 Hz – 20 kHz, and high sensitivity of up to 132 decibels in maximum sound pressure levels, ELX series speakers deliver audio quality that is clean, flat, and hot—making music of all kinds sound its best.
Electro-Voice ELX112P Features
- ELX112 performance with self-amplification
- 50 Hz – 20 kHz frequency range
- Lightweight, cool-running 1000 W Class D amp
- Biamped with 24 dB/octave crossover
- Transducer protection
- Bypassable high-pass for external subwoofer
- XLR, TRS, and RCA connections
- Versatile gain, mixing, and processing controls
- Pre- or post-mix parallel outputs
- ELX112P 120V 12" 2-way powered speaker1
- Frequency response (-3dB)60 Hz - 18 kHz
- Frequency range (-10dB)50 Hz - 20 kHz
- Max SPL132 dB
- Coverage (horizontal x vertical)90° x 50°
- Power rating1000W
- LF transducer1 EVS-12K, 305mm (12") Woofer
- HF transducerDH-1K, 39mm (1.5") Titanium Diaphragm Compression Driver
- Crossover frequency1.7 kHz
- XLR/TRS combo jacks: 2
- Stereo RCA: 1
- XLR link output: 1
- Dimensions (HxWxD)23.9" x 14.25" x 13.41"
- Weight45.5 pounds (20.7 kg)