The ELX118 is a passive, omnidirectional subwoofer from Electro-Voice that adds a full, deep, low-frequency punch that you can hear and feel. Optimized for performance with the ELX112 and ELX115, the ELX118 supplements the bass of your music via its EVS-18K 18” (457 mm) woofer, providing an extended low frequency. The ELX118 also comes with a steel subwoofer stand, so it can be stacked or pole-mounted in myriad kinds of configurations with other subs or any ELX speaker.
Clear, powerful, and musical, the Live X (ELX) series was born to command the stage for professional music performance. The ELX118 is constructed with top-quality components in remarkably affordable configurations for artists, engineers, and live-sound businesses. With high output, an extended frequency range of 35 Hz to 200 Hz (half-space measurement), and high axial sensitivity of 96 dB, every member of the ELX series speakers from Electro-Voice is clean, flat, and hot—making music of all kinds sound its best.
Designed for a wide range of portable sound applications, Live X speakers are housed in hardy stackable enclosures of 15 mm internally-braced plywood, making them lighter than comparable-quality composite or plastic boxes and therefore easier to load, transport, and set up. This speakers series is painted with black textured paint and sports a grille of 18GA black powder-coated steel, giving an overall sleek appearance that makes it easy to incorporate into almost any stage or studio environment.
Electro-Voice ELX118 Features
- Supplemental bass for ELX112 or ELX115
- EVS-18K woofer for extended LF
- 35 Hz – 200 Hz frequency range
- 134 dB max SPL
- Power handling: 400 W continuous, 1600 W peak
- Braced 15mm plywood enclosure
- Stack or pole-mount full-range boxes
- Black textured finish
- ELX118 18'' Passive Subwoofer1
- Steel Subwoofer Stand1
- Freq. Response(-3 dB) 50 Hz - 100 Hz[²]
- Freq. Range (-10 dB) 35 Hz - 200 Hz[²]
- Axial Sensitivity 96 dB
- Max. Measured SPL[³] 134 dB
- Recommended HP Freq. 30 Hz
- Coverage (Horiz. x Vert.) Omnidirectional
- Power Handling 400W Continuous, 1600W Peak
- LF Transducer(s) (1) EVS-18K, 457mm (18") Woofer
- Nominal Impedance 8 Ohms
- Minimum Impedance 6.7 Ohms
- Connectors Dual NL4
- Enclosure Material 9-ply, 15mm Plywood, Internally Braced, with Texured Paint
- Grille 18GA Steel with Black Powdercoat
- Dimensions (HxWxD) 26.02x19.98x22.6" (661x507x574mm)
- Net Weight 67.4 lbs (30.6 kg)
- Shipping Weight 81.9 lbs (37.2 kg)
- [¹] Full Space Measurement
- [²] Half Space Measurement
- [³] Max SPL is measured at 1m using broadband pink noise at rated peak power rating.