RedNet AM2 is a compact stereo monitoring unit that combines headphone and balanced line outputs for monitoring signals from the Dante network. Along with its Dante compatibility, a 1/4" front-panel TRS headphone socket and dual rear-mounted balanced line outputs with male XLR connectors enable this amp to work in loudspeaker monitoring and other applications. RedNet AM2 easily adds headphone outputs to a studio-based system, and provides a valuable solution for education, live sound, and broadcast applications. Its ability to drive high impedance (up to 600 ohms) makes the unit suitable for on-stage, front-of-house, or studio use.
As part of the RedNet product series, this stereo headphone amp interoperates seamlessly with any Dante audio-over-IP network components and infrastructure. Use the Dante Controller on Mac or PC to manage patching and interconnection. Clock the unit internally or using the Dante network master. XLR line-level outputs can be aligned to both EBU and SMPTE standards with software-switchable 0 dBFS reference levels of +18 or +24 dBu.
Locking etherCON connectors enable connecting the device to the network and daisy-chaining additional network devices. This headphone amp can be powered via Power over Ethernet, or a connector on the rear panel with an included 12V DC power supply. Power LED is green when PoE powered, and red when running on external power supply. Other indicators communicate status of power, network, signal, and more.
A 2-channel Dante receiver incorporates high-quality digital to analog conversion at standard sample rates from 44.1 to 96 kHz with over 118 dB dynamic range. This receiver is designed for stereo network monitoring via the line level outputs and headphones. Control headphone and line output levels with two large volume control knobs and a mute button.
Mounted in an enclosure based around an aluminum extrusion and fitted with non-slip feet, this compact unit travels safely. Set it up securely on a flat surface or mounted on top of a mic stand with the 3/8” BSW threaded bush in the base.
Focusrite Pro RedNet AM2 Features
- Powerful headphone output even with high-impedance headphones
- Stereo line output and headphone for Dante audio-over-IP networks
- Up to 24-bit, 96kHz sampling rates
- Power-over-Ethernet supplied
- Up to 24dBu line output levels
- Independent level control of headphone and line outputs
- Mute switch for line output
- Integrated network switch allowing daisy-chaining of network devices
- 3 Year Warranty
- RedNet AM2 Headphone Amplifier1
- Brainworx bx_console plug-in1
- Line Level Outputs
- 0 DBFS reference output levels: 18 or 24dBu (switchable)
- Frequency response output: 20 Hz - 20 kHz ±0.05dB
- Dynamic range: 120dB A-weighted (typical), 20 Hz - 20 kHz
- Headphone Output
- Output: 1/4" stereo jack
- 0 DBFS reference levels: 19dBm
- Frequency response: 20Hz - 20kHz ±0.05dB
- Dynamic range: 118dB A-weighted (typical), 20Hz - 20kHz
- Output impedance: 5 ohms
- Impedance: 32 ohms - 600 ohms
- Supported sample rates
- Line outputs2x male XLR
- PSU (PoE and DC)1x PoE (Port 1) Input and 1 x DC 12V Barrel Input Connector
- PoEComplies with IEEE 802.3af class 0 Power-over-Ethernet standard
- DC power supply12V 1.2A DC Power Supply
- Power consumption11W (PoE), 9.8W (DC)