The Relay Xo is an audio switcher designed to route balanced mic or line-level signals between two separate destinations, with the ability to be operated remotely with an optional JR-1 footswitch.
Designed to address on-stage communication problems for artists who employ in-ear monitoring systems, the Relay Xo is a remotely controlled active switcher that enables artists on stage to quickly reroute their signal without disrupting the performance. Connect the output of a dynamic microphone or wireless receiver to the Relay Xo input, then feed output-A to the PA system, and output-B to a common intercom buss. As soon as the Relay Xo is switched, it cuts the signal feeding the PA and redirects it to the monitoring system, allowing the musician to discreetly speak with other band members or the crew.
When artists that employ wireless microphones on tour, the receivers are typically located off stage. The remote input on the Relay Xo allows it to be connected next to the wireless receivers to reduce cable clutter, while still providing control to the artist on stage with a remote footswitch. Two versions of the Radial JR1 footswitch are available for use with the Relay Xo; the JR1-M with a momentary switch that will activate output-B as long as the footswitch is held down, and the JR1-L with a latching switch that will hold on the last selected output.
Radial Relay Xo Features
- Switch vocal microphone from PA to intercom
- Allows artist to speak with musicians and techs
- Remote control using footswitch
- Route any balanced signal to two destinations
- Relay Xo active output switcher1
- Power adapter1
- Audio Circuit Typepassive balanced A/B switcher
- Switchelectronically controlled relay
- XLR Input and OutputsAES standard; pin-1 ground, pin-2(+), pin-3(-)
- Ground Liftlifts pin-1 on the XLR input
- Power15V/400mA, 120V/240 power adapter included