New, hand-selected German and vintage Japanese concert grand pianos, as well as new Classic Keys, Wurlitzer, Clav, Harpsichord, Orchestral Percussion, Celeste, Glockenspiel, Chimes, Bells and Crotales along with a wide selection of sounds from the acclaimed PC3 and KORE 64â„¢ expansion, all delivered with unprecedented expressiveness and an obsessive attention to detail.
Flash-Play® provides the Forte®7 with a staggering amount of horse-power; 16 GB sample content with zero-loading time, heaping mounds of powerful DSP and ultrafast performance.
Load up to 3.3 GB of your own custom samples into non-volatile flash memory. Supported sample formats: .WAV, .AIF (up to 16 bit / 96kHz) and Kurzweil formats (.P3K, .KRZ, .K25, .K26).
Deep native editing? Look no further. The Forte®7 now grants full access to Kurzweilâ€™s legendary Variable Architecture Synthesis Technology directly from the front panel. With 32-layers per program, each offering its own signal path and a host of modular DSP tools, the ForteÂ® offers a wealth of sound creation and modification that is truly immense.
6 Operator FM Engine with the ability to load original FM SysEx files.
Add sonic animation to your sounds via 16 simultaneous MIDI CC Step Sequencers for modulation sequencing.
Modeled after classic organs. Featuring all the controls you want and more, including 9 realistic drawbars. In the Forte, KB3 is Polyphony Free*, not using any of the Forteâ€™s 128 voices!
Award-winning Reverbs, Delays, Choruses, Flangers, Phasers, Distortions, Rotary Amplifiers, Compressors and more â€“ all fully editable from the user-interface.
Piano string resonance modeling for enhanced acoustic piano performance!
Kurzweil FORTE-7 Features
- 16 Gigabytes of Sounds
- Patented FlashPlay® Technology
- 3.3 Gigabytes User Sample Memory
- V.A.S.T. Editing
- FM Engine
- CC Sequencers
- KB3 ToneReal™ Organs
- Powerful FX Engine
- K.S.R. – Kurzweil String Resonance
- FORTE-7 76-Key Stage Piano / Synthesizer / Workstation1
- Power cable1
- Switch pedal1
- USB cable1
- Self adhesive feet4
- Keyboard76 note fully-weighted hammer-action with velocity and aftertouch sensitive keys (Fatar TP/40L)
- Display480×272 pixel color LCD with front-panel brightness adjust
- 128 Voice Polyphony, dynamically allocated
- KB3 is Polyphony Free*, not using any of the Forte’s 128 voices.
- (*does not apply to sample-based programs)
- Multitimbral16 parts (one per MIDI channel)
- Dynamic VAST: Powerful synthesis engine, with user programmable DSP algs and routing. More DSP power than even our K Series instruments.
- VA1 Inside: anti-aliasing, power-shaped oscillators and DSP processing from Kurzweil’s VA1 concept synth, capable of delivering authentic analog emulations as well as incredibly complex new sounds.
- Cascade Mode: lets the user route one layer through the DSP of any other layer within a program – up to 32 consecutive layers deep!
- Sample Flash Memory3.3 GB of re-loadable, non-volatile, user flash memory.
- Factory Programs322 Stunning factory Programs featuring the all new vintage Japanese and German Grands, new Classic Keys, Wurlitzer, Clav, Harpsichord, Orchestral Percussion, Celeste, Glockenspiel, Chimes, Bells and Crotales along with a wide selection of sounds from the acclaimed PC3 and KORE 64™ expansion
- User Programs3072
- Factory Multis186 Factory-crafted Multis – featuring up to 16 independent zones
- User Multis3072
- Quick Split/LayerEasy access with adjustable relative volume (up to 16 zones)
- Favorites500 (50 Banks of 10 Favorites each)
- General MIDINo
- Kurzweil String ResonanceYes
- Master EQ/Compressor Section
- Front-panel 3-band EQ with sweepable mid and on/off switch
- Front-panel single-knob master compressor with separate on/off bypass switch
- Over 1000 complex effect chains, incorporated into programs featuring our award winning effects – reverbs, delays, chorus, flange, phaser, EQs, distortions, rotary speaker simulators, compressors, and more
- 32 total FX units
- 1 pitch wheel
- 1 modulation wheel
- 9 front panel sliders (w/ LED ladders)
- 9 switches (assignable/zone mutes/KB3 control)
- 1 variation switch
- 1 tap tempo switch
- 2 transpose switches
- *3 switch pedal inputs (1 switch/sustain pedal is included)
- 2 continuous control pedal inputs
- Monopressure (aftertouch)(*supports half-damper for pianos / half-damper pedal sold separately)
- Sequencer16 Tracks; 960 PPQ resolution. Song editing functions include both event and track-based tools like quantize, swing, remap, controller scaling and more.
- RIFFs16-per Multi
- Arpeggiators1-per Program, 16-per Multi
- System Sample Rate 48kHz
- Analog Outputs
- Four (2 pairs) 1/4" balanced TRS analog (24-bit DACs)
- Automatic mono switching on both pairs.
- +21dBu maximum output
- 50Ω balanced source impedance
- Audio InputsOne stereo 1/8" back-panel input (with FX) for connecting your favorite MP3 player or other audio source for accompaniment playback
- 1 back-panel 1/4" headphone output
- 130mW into 32 ohm headphones
- MIDIIn, Thru, Out (w/ Thru/Out switch)
- Two USB ports (one A port / one B port)
- Complete MIDI functionality over USB
- User program/multi file transfer to/from PC/Mac/Flash Drive
- Operating System updates from PC/Mac/Flash Drive
- Software EditorsExternal editors for Mac OS X, Windows PC and iOS devices
- FREE OS Updates OS updates over USB and/or Flash Drive
- Height5.5" (14cm)
- Depth15.6" (39.7cm)
- Length43.2" (109.7cm)
- Weight41.4 lbs (18.8 kg)
- PowerInternal Power Supply, free voltage 100-240VAC 50/60Hz, 20W max