The DT 990 Edition over-ear headphones have been winning the hearts of countless Hi-Fi and music enthusiasts since the 1980s.
The DT 990 Edition has been an integral part of beyerdynamic's portfolio for more than 20 years – not that this has detracted at all from its popularity: music lovers galore continue to value the stereo headphones as a reliable companion. Boasting vibrant and natural sound, these headphones know how to impress and are also ideally suited for many music styles. Because all components and replacement parts are always available, you are guaranteed a product that is exceptionally durable.
The DT 990 Edition comes in an open back design. This means that background noise outside the headphones remains clearly discernible even at higher volumes. This design lends the music a feeling of a wide soundstage, an appreciation of space that gives almost the same sense of enjoyment as listening to music with loudspeakers. The sound is spectacular. Distinctive highs and intense bass combine to produce a perfect richness of sound that delights rock and pop enthusiasts in particular.
The flexible headband and silky-smooth ear pads ensure wearing comfort "par excellence". The ear pads are known for their breathable and skin-friendly velour, enabling the listener to enjoy music for hours without any excessive build-up of heat. Thanks to the combination of comfortable headband and robust yokes made from aluminium, the premium headphones ensure a pleasant fit even for long listening sessions.
Beyerdynamic DT 990 Features
- Circumaural, premium headphones for music enjoyment at home
- Distinctive highs, intense bass and excellent spatial reproduction
- Optimum wearing comfort, even when enjoying music for several hours
- Open design for especially spacious sound, virtually speaker-like
- Made in Germany
- DT 990 Premium Hi-fi Open-Back Headphones1
- Operating Principle Open
- Transmission Type Wired
- Nominal Impedance Headphones 250 Ohms
- Weight (headphones without cable) 250 g
- Headphone Frequency Response 5-35,000 Hz
- Nominal Sound Pressure Level 96 dB
- Sound Coupling to the Ear Circumaural (around the ear)
- EAN 4010118459030
- Cable & Plug Coiled connecting cable with mini-jack plug (3.5 mm) & ¼” adapter (6.35 mm)
- Article No 459038