The LaChapell 983S MK2 is a two channel tube mic pre featuring the innovative True48™ dynamic phantom power supply. True48 improves the performance of your condenser mics. Current 48V supplies dip in voltage as the source load changes (such as periods of high transients on many mics). True48 evens out the voltage supply, giving mics greater headroom, quicker transient recovery and a smoother less distorted response.
Each channel on the LaChapell 983S MK2 features a Cinemag input transformer, an ECC83/12AX7 vacuum tube, Jensen output transformer and Burr Brown & THAT Corporation line drivers. Each component in signal path is of the highest quality, carefully selected to sound beautiful and last long.
This mic pre is capable of stunning clean tones and harmonically rich driven tones. Exceptional on nearly any source, the 983S MK2 features high and low pass filters with selectable roll-off frequencies, channel mute, front panel Hi-Z input, pad and polarity switches.
LaChapell 983S MK2 Features
- Dual Drive knobs
- True48 dynamic phantom power
- Pad switch provides -20dB gain reduction
- Low noise and output impedance
- High and low pass filters
- Front panel Hi-Z input
- 983S MK2 2-channel tube microphone preamp1
- Mounting screw packet1
- Internal Gain0 to >72.5dB
- THD+N0.01% (minimum)
- Frequency Response9Hz to 40kHz
- Max. Output (1% THD+N)+27.8dBu
- Typical EIN-124 dBu
- Input Impedance1.5kΩ
- Tube Compliment2x 12AX7/ECC83