As a 2-input/2-output USB audio/MIDI interface, the US-2x2 is perfect for music creation - and novice users in particular. It offers serious recording capabilities with 96 kHz/24-bit quality with easy-to-understand operation so users can make high-quality recordings as soon as the interface is connected.
Mic preamps are the key to audio quality, and the Ultra-HDDA mic preamps in the US-2x2 boasts -125 dBu EIN rating which means a very, very low noise floor. Because of the wide dynamic range, this interface can also be used with dynamic microphones in addition to condenser mics. This makes it ideal for a variety of applications from recording vocals, pianos and acoustic guitars.
The radical eye-catching angled design was crafted by a German designer, who has worked on numerous well-known devices used for music creation, and is optimized for ease of use on the desktop.
The newly designed driver software is easy to install, and easy to master by anyone. Operation has been tested with major DAW applications, so the user can choose their favourite DAW without concern. The US-2x2 can also be used as audio interface with iPads and other popular iOS devices by simply utilizing a genuine Apple Lightning-to-USB camera adapter (an optional AC adapter is necessary to use the US-2x2 with iOS devices).
With the potential for future use with other DAWs and iOS devices, the US-2x2 is an ideal ‘first’ audio interface. There is also a complete bundle available including US-2x2, headphones and studio condenser mic (TRACKPACK 2x2).
- High-quality Ultra-HDDA (High Definition Discrete Architecture) microphone pre-amps with ultra-low noise (EIN: -125 dBu)
- NE5532 operational amplifier for audio input and output circuits
- Recording at up to 96kHz/24-bit
- Support for Mac and Windows operating systems
- 2-in/2-out audio streaming from a PC connected via USB 2.0
- Two XLR/TRS (mic/line) analogue inputs with phantom power supply
- Inputs selectable between line and instrument level
- Wide input gain range of 57 dB for dynamic microphones
- Zero-latency monitoring (direct monitoring)
- Two TRS (balanced) analogue outputs
- Headphones output delivering 18 mW per channel
- Independent level controls for line and phones outputs
- MIDI input/output
- Source of audio output can be selected on settings panel
- Selectable input monitor mode (stereo/mono)
- Input mute switch on control panel
- USB bus-powered for mobile recording
- USB Audio Compliance 2.0 for iOS connection
- Standalone operation for practice sessions
- Bundled with Cubase LE
- DAW compatibility (Sonar, ProTools, Cubase, Live)
- Rugged aluminum body
- Angled industrial design for ease-of-use on a desktop
New features in Version 2.0
- Notification function keeps you updated with the latest information for your product
- Automatic update notification helps you to keep your software and firmware up to date (you can install new updates with the press of a button)
- The settings panel has been redesigned for easier control including the ability to save custom settings for future use