Designed for music playback, public address, and distributed audio in applications that demand high output from a ceiling-mounted loudspeaker, the QSC AD-C1200 ceiling-mount speaker offers trouble-free operation and versatility. Part of the AcousticDesign™ Series of installation loudspeakers, the AD-C1200 uses custom-designed transducers, crossover networks, and an acoustically optimized enclosure, all working together to offer a versatile and reliable high-ceiling solution.
Included with the AD-C1200 are coaxial transducers, a transformer, and a crossover network factory mounted on a steel baffle. The baffle can be mounted to the QSC enclosure or any ~2.5 ft3 enclosure using industry-standard transducer mounting dimensions. To finish the installation, a square grille (AD-C1200SG) is available).
Optimal sound quality is ensured in the construction of the AD-C1200. A treated paper cone on a steel frame is used to make the 12” woofer. Within the optimized enclosure the usable low frequency for the system extends down to an impressive 37 Hz. A smooth transition at crossover is provided since the 1.75” compression driver fires through the center of the woofer and is acoustically mated to the woofer. Overall, the system offers axisymmetric coverage of 85 degrees.
Enjoy smooth, full-range, passive performance with the high-current, low-tolerance network components within the AD-C1200. The 70V/100V custom-designed transformer is optimized to deliver accurate and transparent acoustic performance along with low line loss.
Get impressive SPL and sensitivity for a ceiling system: the AD-C1200 measures 93dB sensitivity and can produce 118dB SPL at full continuous power.
QSC AD-C1200 Features
- 12" low-frequency woofer
- 1.75" diaphragm compression driver
- 300 watt continuous power rating
- 70V/100V multi-tap transformer included (system can operate in distributed or low-impedance mode)
- AD-C1200 ceiling mount speaker1
- Baffle assembly1
- M5 mounting screw6
- Low-Frequency Transducer12" ferrite woofer
- High-Frequency Transducer1.75" neodymium compression driver
- Frequency Response (-6 dB)42Hz - 18,000Hz
- Usable Frequency Range (-10 dB)37Hz - 18,000Hz
- Calculated Peak Output124 dB SPL
- Calculated Continuous Output118 dB SPL
- Nominal Coverage85° horizontal and vertical
- Nominal Impedance16Ω
- RMS Power Handling300 W
- Recommended Max. Amp Power600 W
- Sensitivity93 dB SPL, 1W/1m
- Bass Loadingported
- Transformer Typecustom low distortion laminated core, wide bandwidth design
- Transformer Taps
- 100V: 16Ω bypass, 150W, 75W, 37.5W
- 70V: 16Ω bypass, 150W, 75W, 37.5W, 18.2W
- Dimensions (HxWxD)23" x 18" x 15.5"
- Weight25 pounds