Capture every nuance with confidence with the AT4050 Multi-Pattern Condenser Microphone from Audio-Technica. This versatile mic features three interchangeable polar patterns (omnidirectional, cardioid, and figure-eight). It is a great choice for miking applications in both the studio and in live sound productions, such as drum overheads, guitar amps, piano, strings, vocals, and much more.
Its dual large diaphragms are 2 microns thick and have been gold-vaporized and aged in a five-step process for a consistently remarkable performance that will serve you well for years, maintaining the desired polar pattern definition across the microphone’s full frequency range. A precision-machined, nickel-plated brass acoustic element baffle allows for reliable stability and incomparable sensitivity. Specifically engineered for excellent stability and exceptional sensitivity, the AT4050 delivers high-SPL capability with transparent and airy uppers/mids complemented by rich low-end qualities, so you can enjoy a consistent, outstanding sound, no matter what your application.
The AT4050 mic’s circuitry is transformerless, allowing it to virtually eliminate low-frequency distortion and provide superior correlation of high-speed transients. This mic also features a switchable 80 Hz high-pass filter and a 10 dB pad.
Rounding out the AT4050 is an included custom AT8449a shock mount for 5/8"-27 threaded stands that allows for even better isolation from handling noise, a microphone dust cover to keep it clean between use, and a R1 protective carrying case for safe transport and secure storage. Like all Audio-Technica gear, the AT4050’s state-of-the-art surface-mount electronics meet rigorous standards of consistency and reliability, ensuring you get great quality and longevity out of your audio.
Audio-Technica AT4050 Features
- Transparent uppers/mids balanced by rich low-end qualities combine with advanced acoustic engineering for extensive performance capabilities and highest quality
- Dual-diaphragm capsule design maintains precise polar pattern definition across the full frequency range of the microphone
- The 2-micron-thick, vapor-deposited gold diaphragms undergo a five-step aging process so that the optimum characteristics achieved remain constant over years of use
- Three switchable polar patterns: omni, cardioid, figure-of-eight
- Transformerless circuitry virtually eliminates low-frequency distortion and provides superior correlation of high-speed transients
- State-of-the-art surface-mount electronics ensure compliance with A-T's stringent consistency and reliability standards
- Switchable 80 Hz hi-pass filter and 10 dB pad
- Custom shock mount provides superior isolation
- AT4050 Multi-Pattern Condenser Microphone1
- AT8449a Shock Mount for 5/8"-27 threaded stands1
- Microphone Dust Cover1
- R1 Protective Carrying Case1
- Transducer TypeDC Bias Condenser
- Polar Patterns (selectable)Cardioid, Figure-8, Omnidirectional
- Frequency Response20 Hz - 18 kHz
- Output Impedance100 ohms
- Sensitivity-36 dBV/Pa (15.8 mV)
- Low Frequency Roll Off80 Hz, 12 dB/octave
- Maximum Input Sound Level
- 149 dB SPL, 1 kHz at 1% T.H.D.
- 159 dB SPL, with 10 dB pad (nominal)
- Noise17 dB
- Dynamic Range132 dB, 1 kHz at Max SPL
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio77 dB, 1 kHz at 1 Pa
- Phantom Power Requirements48V DC, 4.2 mA typical
- Polar selection
- Flat, roll-off
- 10 dB pad (nominal)
- Connector3-Pin XLRM
- Dimensions7.40" long, 2.10" maximum body diameter
- Weight18.0 oz (510 g)