Create professional sound quality broadcast and production use with Audio-Technica’s AT8035 line + gradient condenser microphone. Narrow acceptance angle excels in long distance sound pickup applications. At just under 15” the mic is easily stand-mounted for stability. Designed for video production and broadcast audio acquisition, this shotgun mic is well-suited for outdoor shoots in indie films, documentaries, wildlife recordings, and more.
Line + gradient polar pattern of this microphone creates crisp, intelligible audio reproduction. Interference tube has vents along the side to assist in sound rejection from sides and rear of mic, while directional gradient element further increases noise cancellation behind the mic. This polar pattern permits focused sound in long distance pickup in film since the mic element needs to capture quality sound without appearing in the shot.
Control unwanted ambient noise with a switch that allows choice between flat response or low-frequency roll-off. In the roll-off position low-frequency ambient noise from traffic, wind or air vents, and mechanical vibrations are further reduced. The shotgun mic can handle sound levels up to 120 dB, and its frequency response is 40 Hz to 20,000 Hz.
Offering additional convenience for mobile recording, this condenser microphone can be operated with 11V to 52V of phantom power or a 1.5V AA battery. Battery is housed in the lower area of the microphone body just below the nameplate, which is easily screwed on and off.
Rugged design and construction delivers reliable performance throughout mobile usage. At 14.5” long, the shotgun mic fits comfortably in a stand. Accommodate to varying mounting setups with the included accessories that secure the mic if the holder’s diameter is too large to secure the mic. Use line + gradient condenser shotgun mic AT8035 for studio quality sound in outdoor filming.
Audio-Technica AT8035 Features
- Designed for video production and broadcast (ENG/EFP) audio acquisition
- Length is well-suited for ENG and outdoor recording
- Narrow acceptance angle
- Excellent sound rejection from the sides and rear of mic
- Switchable low-frequency roll-off
- Operates on battery or phantom power
- Windscreen AT81321
- 1.5V AA battery1
- Stand clamp AT8405a (for 5/8"-27 threaded stands)1
- 5/8"-27 to 3/8"-16 threaded adapter1
- SG1 Carrying case1
- Transducer TypeCondenser
- Polar Pattern Line + gradient
- Frequency Response40 Hz - 20 kHz
- Output Impedance
- Phantom: 250 ohms
- Battery: 300 ohms
- Sensitivity-38 dBV/Pa (12.5 mV)
- Low Frequency Roll Off 80 Hz, 18 dB/octave
- Battery–39 dB (11.2 mV) re 1V at 1 Pa
- Maximum Input Sound Level Phantom132 dB SPL, 1 kHz at 1% T.H.D.
- Battery120 dB SPL, 1 kHz at 1% T.H.D.
- Dynamic Range Phantom: 110 dB, 1 kHz at Max SPL
- Battery98 dB, 1 kHz at Max SPL
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio 72 dB, 1 kHz at 1 Pa
- Phantom Power Requirements 11-52V DC, 2 mA typical
- Battery Type 1.5V AA/UM3
- Battery Current/Life 0.4 mA / 1200 hours typical (alkaline)
- Switches Flat, roll-off
- Connector3-Pin XLRM
- Dimensions 369 mm (14.53") long, 21 mm (0.83") diameter
- Weight 170 g (6 oz)