Create studio sound quality in film audio acquisition with Audio-Technica’s condenser microphone AT875R. Lightweight and short enough to mount conveniently on a DV camcorder, this mic stays out of a shot while offering outstanding long-distance audio pickup. This is actually one of Audio-Technica’s shortest shotgun mics at 7”, ideal for compact digital cameras. Designed for video production and broadcast use, this mic is well-suited for projects such as indie films and documentaries.
A fixed-charge condenser microphone, the AT875R has a line + gradient polar pattern. Using this highly directional polar pattern allows the shotgun microphone to be one of Audio-Technica’s shortest yet still pick up long-distance sounds accurately. Narrow acceptance angle delivers crisp, intelligible audio reproduction. Field audio presents one of the least controlled sound environments to work with. Wide frequency response of 90 Hz to 20,000 Hz and ability to handle sound input levels up to 127 dB help this microphone stand up to the demands faced in the field. That high sensitivity enables the mic to reliably perform with different mic preamps. Overall sound is smooth and natural, and camera and handling noise are reduced from the mic’s tailored response.
Rugged housing protects microphone elements from minor damage. Stand clamp and o-rings offer versatility in mounting capabilities. Windscreen adds further protection of sound capture, minimizing pops and wind noise. As a condenser microphone, 11V to 52V of phantom power is required for operation.
Audio-Technica AT875R Features
- Designed for video production and broadcast (ENG/EFP) audio acquisition
- Extremely short length (under 7") is ideal for use with compact digital cameras
- Provides narrow acceptance angle desirable for long-distance sound pickup
- Excellent sound rejection from the sides and rear of mic
- Tailored response minimizes camera and handling noise
- Requires phantom power to operate
- Stand clamp1
- Threaded adapter1
- Protective pouch1
- Transducer TypeCondenser
- Polar Pattern Line + gradient
- Frequency Response90 Hz - 20 kHz
- Output Impedance100 ohms
- Sensitivity-30 dBV/Pa (31.6 mV)
- Maximum Input Sound Level127 dB SPL, 1 kHz at 1% T.H.D.
- Dynamic Range (typical) 107 dB, 1 kHz at Max SPL
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio (Typical, A-weighted, using Audio Precision System One)1 74 dB, 1 kHz at 1 Pa* (*1 Pascal = 10 dynes/cm2 = 10 microbars = 94 dB SPL)
- Phantom Power11-52V DC, 2 mA typical
- Connector3-Pin XLRM
- Dimensions175 mm (6.89") long, 21 mm (0.83") diameter
- Weight (less accessories)80 g (2.8 oz)