The entry-level option to refined studio monitor headphones in Audio-Technica’s M-Series, ATH-M20x delivers sound performance beyond what you typically expect at this price point. It’s almost a challenge to drive the ATH-M20x to its limits, and enhanced audio and isolation provide authentic sound. From modern exterior to high-quality interior, listeners get a comfortable listening experience with enhanced audio and effective isolation that make these headphones great for tracking and mixing.
Several factors help create the focus on audio that is required of a good pair of headphones. Closed-back dynamic design offers superior isolation with minimal bleed, whether that is sound coming in to or out of the headphones. Around the ear earpads effectively block out ambient noise for a sound isolation more comfortable than full noise-cancellation.
Equipped with 40mm dynamic drivers that have rare earth magnets, these headphones provide quality sound from the low to high end. Frequency response of 15-20,000 Hz offers a comfortably wide range, and the enhanced bass does not sacrifice overall response.
Comfort is an important aspect in a good pair of headphones. The same cushion material used to pad the around the ear earcups lends comfort to the headband as well. Earcups can swivel 15°, and one earcup can be folded away from the ear in the style of one-ear DJ monitoring. Permanently attached 10-foot single-side exit cable gives more room to roam from your device than most other headphone cables.
All the features of the ATH-M20x headphones combine to offer a solid monitoring solution for musicians and content creators recording and mixing at home.
Audio-Technica ATH-M20x Features
- 40 mm drivers with rare earth magnets and copper-clad aluminum wire voice coils
- Tuned for enhanced low-frequency performance
- Circumaural design contours around the ears for excellent sound isolation in loud environments
- Permanently attached 10' cable with left-side exit
- Designed for studio tracking and mixing
- 15-20,000 Hz frequency response
- Maximum input power of 700mW at 1 kHz
- 96 dB sensitivity
- ATH-M20x Closed-Back Monitor Headphones1
- 1/4" (6.3 mm) snap-on adapter1
- Two Year Limited End User Warranty1
- TypeClosed-back dynamic
- Driver Diameter40 mm
- Frequency Response15 - 20,000 Hz
- Maximum Input Power700 mW at 1 kHz
- Sensitivity96 dB
- Impedance47 ohms
- Weight190 g (6.7 oz), without cable and connector
- Cable3 m (9.8'), straight, left-side exit
- Voice CoilCopper-clad aluminum wire