The ATH-M40x monitoring headphones provide the middle ground option of the Audio-Technica M Series. These headphones provide the optimal balance of great performance, solid construction quality, clean design, and affordable price point. Incredibly accurate audio monitoring across extended frequency range is possible since these headphones are tuned flat. From modern exterior to high-quality interior, listeners get a comfortable listening experience with enhanced audio and effective isolation that make these headphones great for tracking and mixing.
Several factors help create the focus on audio that is required of a good pair of headphones. Closed-back dynamic design offers superior isolation with minimal bleed, whether that is sound coming in to or out of the headphones. Around the ear earpads effectively block out ambient noise for a sound isolation more comfortable than full noise-cancellation. These headphones also contribute improved sonic perception over the ATH-M20 and 30 options.
Equipped with 40mm dynamic drivers that have rare earth magnets, these headphones provide quality sound that accurately reflects true performance. Frequency response of 15-24,000 Hz offers a comfortably wide range.
Comfort is an important aspect in a good pair of headphones. The same cushion material used to pad the around the ear earcups lends comfort to the headband as well. Earcups can swivel 90°, and one earcup can be folded away from the ear in the style of one-ear DJ monitoring. Headband can fold tightly over the earcups for optimal storage and portability. Two different detachable cables are included, one coiled and one straight. Coiled cable is 4’ and is 10’ if fully uncoiled (same length of straight cable).
All the features of the ATH-M40x headphones combine to offer a solid monitoring solution for professional studios, tracking rooms, and post-production facilities.
Audio-Technica ATH-M40x Features
- 40 mm drivers with rare earth magnets and copper-clad aluminum wire voice coils
- Tuned flat for highly accurate sound monitoring across the entire frequency range
- Circumaural design contours around the ears for excellent sound isolation in loud environments
- Designed for studio tracking, mixing and DJ monitoring
- Coiled and straight detachable cables
- Headband can be folded over earphones
- 15-24,000 Hz frequency response
- Maximum input power of 1600 mW at 1 kHz
- 98 dB sensitivity
- ATH-M40x Closed-Back Monitor Headphones1
- Screw-on adapter1
- Carrying pouch1
- 3.9' detachable coiled cable1
- 9.8' detachable straight cable1
- Two Year Limited End User Warranty1
- Type Closed-back dynamic
- Driver Diameter 40 mm
- Frequency Response 15 - 24,000 Hz
- Maximum Input Power 1,600 mW at 1 kHz
- Sensitivity 98 dB
- Impedance 35 ohms
- Weight 8.5 oz (240 g), without cable and connector
- Cable Includes two interchangeable cables: detachable 3.9 - 9.8' (1.2-3 m) coiled cable and detachable 9.8' (3 m) straight cable
- Cable - Detachable Yes
- Magnet Neodymium
- Voice Coil CCAW (Copper-clad aluminum wire)
- Folding/collapsible Yes