Go beyond the capacity of overall tone reproduction with the ATM250 mic’s tolerance of high sound pressure levels. With this dynamic mic, no longer worry about a microphone’s proximity to instruments causing feedback or the difficulty of capturing quality sound throughout expressive volume changes. Every aspect of this microphone’s audio performance and design combine to create an outstanding sound solution for kick drum, percussion, brass, and other highly dynamic instruments.
One element of the dynamic microphone that is well-suited to instrumental use is its hypercardioid polar pattern. By being most sensitive to sound directly in front of the capsule and featuring a 100° acceptance angle, this instrument microphone picks up the sound you want with very low pickup of ambient sound. Hypercardioid pattern also helps control feedback. Neodymium magnet improves output and transient response, and frequency response is tailored for percussion and brass use.
Construction details provide further stabilization of sound and safeguard the mic against accidental damage. Isolation clamp offers secure mounting, versatile positioning, and effectively dampens unwanted mechanical noise. With flat capsule head, the mic can be placed close to an instrument without getting in the way. Featuring an all-metal design, this mic is sturdy enough to handle years of use, even if minor bumps and bruises accumulate along the way. ATM250 delivers uncompromising sound quality many instrumentalists and voiceover professionals will appreciate.
Audio-Technica ATM250 Features
- Handles very high SPL at close range
- Big, warm low-frequency response with excellent presence
- Hypercardioid polar pattern
- Durable, proven performance for professional applications
- Hi-ENERGY® neodymium magnet for improved output and transient response
- Superior off-axis rejection for maximum gain before feedback
- Corrosion-resistant contacts from gold-plated XLRM-type connector
- Rugged, all-metal design and construction for years of trouble-free use
- ATM250 Hypercardioid Dynamic Instrument Microphone1
- AT8471 Isolation Clamp for 5/8"-27 threaded stands1
- 5/8"-27 to 3/8"-16 Threaded Adapter1
- R9 Soft Protective Pouch1
- Two Year Limited End User Warranty1
- Transducer TypeDynamic
- Polar PatternHypercardioid
- Frequency Response40 Hz - 15 kHz
- Output Impedance600 ohms
- Sensitivity-54 dBV/Pa (1.9 mV)
- Connector3-Pin XLRM
- Housingall-metal construction
- Length: 5.02"
- Diameter: 2.17"
- Weight: 8.9 oz (252 g)