The Blimp is the ultimate windshield and shock mounting system for RØDE shotgun microphones, as well as any third-party shotgun microphone up to 325mm in length. It features a Rycote® Lyre® suspension system for superior isolation from handling noise, plus an ultra-lightweight and ergonomic handle. Housed inside the grip is a heavy-duty Mogami® cable that splits via a junction box to a flexible thin cable inside the Blimp, which minimise the transference of vibration to the microphone.
The Blimp attaches to any standard boompole with a 3/8-inch thread attachment at the base. The Universal Blimp Mount is available as an option to remove the handle when the Blimp is being used primarily on a boompole. The Dead Wombat windshield, caring brush and tail/patch cable are included.
Rode Blimp Features
- Greatly reduces handling and wind noise
- Accommodates most shotgun microphones 325mm in length and 19-22mm diameter
- Rycote Lyre suspension system for superior isolation from handling noise
- Ultra-lightweight design
- Attaches to any standard boompole
- 10 year warranty (no registration required)
- Blimp wind shield and shock mount system1
- Dimensions (HxWxD)11.22" x 19.29" x 4.92"
- Weight1.21 pounds
- Compatible Microphones