Part of QSC’s E Series, the E118sw is a high-performance direct radiation subwoofer with a single, 800W, 18-inch, aluminum frame woofer. Its 4-ohm impedance means that this single woofer can be optimally powered by a less expensive amplifier, making it easy to achieve deep subwoofer “punch” on a budget.
The E118sw is designed to deliver crushing low-end for live performances and is great for handling the powerful sounds of kick-drum and bass. A built-in threaded M20 pole socket and the included speaker pole allow for sub/satellite use with any E Series two-way models (sold separately). With attachment points for 4 optional casters (sold separately), this sub is also made for mobility.
More about QSC’s E Series Loudspeakers
The E Series family of passive loudspeakers from QSC offers robust construction, trusted reliability, and impressive sonic performance that makes this line of speakers ideal for sound reinforcement in entertainment applications including live performance, DJ and dance music, stage monitoring, karaoke, and event productions. E Series is made up of 6 models that are optimized for creating a complete E Series Entertainment System, but they are also compatible with any quality, professional power amplifier.
Achieve a higher level of audio performance with QSC’s finely-tuned digital signal processing (DSP). E Series loudspeakers are further enhanced when paired with QSC GXD or PLD amplifiers or with a QSC TouchMix™ digital mixer by taking advantage of the onboard DSP and factory-tuned presets. (Amps and mixers are sold separately.) Each member of the E Series is constructed of rugged plywood with a black, textured paint finish. Their durable grilles are lined with foam to protect the woofers and enhance aesthetics.
The E110, E112, and E115 models are equipped with an all-metal, dual-angle, 35mm socket that allows them to be mounted vertically on a pole or angled down by 10° for better audience coverage. Use the E Series Yoke or M8 eyebolts to customize your mounting setup. Input connections include dual NL4 as well as screw terminal receptacles. The larger E215 and E218sw models feature ergonomic, aluminum handles to ease portability.
QSC E118sw Features
- High output, professional quality sound with 800 W continuous power
- E Series Entertainment System – Advanced digital signal processing tunings and options using QSC GXD, PLD amplifiers or TouchMix digital mixers.
- Rugged tour-grade textured paint
- Foam-lined perforated steel grille
- E118sw includes loudspeaker pole
- 4-inch caster kit and transport cover
- Optional accessories: 4-inch caster kit and transport cover
- E118sw E-Series Passive Subwoofer1
- Configuration1 × 18-inch, subwoofer, non-powered
- Frequency Response (-6 dB)37 Hz to 230 Hz
- Frequency Range (-10 dB)32 Hz to 230 Hz
- Power capacity : continuous/peak800 W / 3200 W
- Sensitivity98 dB, 1 W @ 1 m
- Coverage AngleN/A
- Ouput  (peak SPL @ 1 m)133 dB
- LF: 457 mm (18 in) driver with 102 mm (4 in) voice coil
- HF: N/A
- Nominal Impedance4Ω
- Cross-overRecommended 80 – 120 Hz LPF
- Input connectors2 × NL4, 1 × barrier strip
- EnclosureRectangular, plywood, black texture paint finish. Four side mounted handles. Rear panel provision for optional 4-inch casters. Perforated, powder-coated steel grille with foam lining.
- Mounting and suspension M20 threaded pole-mount socket (24"/610mm pole included)
- Speaker Dimensions (W×H×D)23.2×24.2×23.8" (590 × 616 × 605 mm)
- Carton Dimensions (W×H×D)28×27×28" (710 × 690 × 712 mm)
- Net weight95 lbs (43 kg)
- Shipping weight102 lbs (46.3 kg)
-  Power that the device can withstand for two hours without permanent change in acoustical, mechanical, or electrical characteristics, greater than 10%, using IEC60268 noise based on nominal impedance in the cabinet with Xover, full range 30 Hz 12 dB / octave.
-  With QSC Processing