A flyable active subwoofer, equipped with a 18” neodymium woofer and crafted to complete with impressive low-end frequencies and vigorous SPL VIO L210’s accurate, phase coherent wave front. dB Technologies developed a horn loaded design, while maintaining the size of a front-loaded sub cabinet, resulting in a double advantage: smaller dimension (and weight – only 45,1 kg) and a remarkable lower frequencies response even at a long distance. This makes this sub the perfect low-end extension of VIO arrays whenever a particularly long-throw is needed.
The system’s acoustical plus points are boosted by Digipro G4® 1600W Class D amplifier, the last generation of the Digipro amp technology which strongly contributed to the success of many dB Technologies’ professional powered series. Equipped with PFC (Power Factor Correction) and SMPS , VIO S118 is highly resistant to line voltage fluctuations.
Digipro G4 pre-amp features a slot module allowing system monitoring and control via RD Net. Furthermore, the system is ready for future upgrades with DanteTM digital audio transmission network: in facts, VIO S118 also features a NFC system and a LED on the front grille.
The amps also allows users to run auto-test on electronics and transducers before and after use. The amp module features an on board attenuation control and a delay module allowing to reach a max 9.9 ms delay with 0.1 ms steps. The on board cardioid preset process the sound of the backward sub in cardioid configurations (both flown or groundstacked).
S118’s cabinet is made of sturdy Multiplex plywood covered with a black polyuria finish and equipped with integrated hardware allowing 1 or more subs to be flown in a sub array or on the top of a VIO L210 array.
The system can be flown via DRK-210 flybar plus FSA-VIO L210 adapter for attaching VIO L210. GSA VIO L210 is necessary for stacked configurations with VIO L210. The dedicated DO-VIOS118 trolley can be hooked directly on flown subs easing dismantling and transport operations.
dB Technologies VIO S118 Features
- Active single 18” horn loaded subwoofer
- Digipro G4 Amp Technology
- 1600 W RMS class D DIGIPRO G4 amplifier with PFC
- System Auto-Test for quick diagnostics
- Integrated flying hardware (compatible with VIO L210)
- Designed for maximum efficiency in the lower end
- On board delay for perfect time alignement
- On board cardioid array configuration preset
- Modular slot for network and digital audio expansion cards
- Controls for input attenuation rotary switch, rotary encoder, polarity inversion switch, cardioid mode switch, X-Over Freq switch, and system auto-test
- Multiplex plywood polyurea painted housing
- 2 handles per side
- 2 pick points on top to fix DRK-210 rigging frame, 4 pick points on top and 4 on bottom for rigging
- VIO S118 active subwoofer1
- Speaker typeactive horn-loaded flyable subwoofer
- Frequency response39Hz to Cut Freq X-Over Dependent (-6dB), 36Hz HPF (-10dB)
- Max SPL139dB
- LF1x18" neodymium
- Voice coil LF4"
- RMS power1600W
- Peak power3200W
- Power supply1600W with PFC
- ControllerDSP 32
- AD/DA converter24 bit 96kHz
- LimiterRMS, Peak, Thermal
- Delay option0-9.9 ms internal, steps of 0.1 ms
- Crossover frequency LF-HF60-110Hz + Full range
- LF-Xover out slope24dB/Octave
- Signal input1x XLR balanced
- Signal output1x XLR balanced (link or X-over), 1x RJ45 LINK (RDNet)
- Expansion card1x RJ45 IN (RDNet), 1x RJ45 LINK (RDNet)
- Power socket1x PowerCON TRUE1 IN, 1x PowerCON TRUE1 OUT
- Pole mountM20 thread
- Dimensions (WxHxD)28.34" x 20.47" x 27.36"
- Weight99.42 pounds (45.1 kg)