The GP218-sw from QSC is a dual 18-inch passive subwoofer that is great in both portable and installed sound systems. Delivering plenty of “punch,” this high-performance subwoofer maintains ample extension, ensuring that it fully and faithfully reproduces all the fundamentals of your sound. Equipped for this ideal combination of low-frequency extension and musical accuracy, the GP218-sw works well in permanently installed setups such as performance spaces, worship facilities, clubs, indoor sports facilities, and themed entertainment, while it’s lightweight and portable enough to work in mobile setups for live sound. This subwoofer is designed for optimal compatibility with QSC’s WideLine Series, ILA Series, AcousticPerformance™ Series, and AcousticDesign™ Series loudspeakers.
The GP218-sw’s two 18” transducers are built with a double-layer spider and triple roll surround, resulting in an extended and controlled excursion at extreme power. Its 4” voicecoil is wound on a fiberglass former to prevent deformation at high operating temperatures; the voicecoil is also extensively vented to reduce power compression. The sub also features an aluminum demodulating ring to further minimize distortion, while internal bracing eliminates acoustic losses from panel resonance.
Robustly constructed, the GP218-sw boasts an 18mm Baltic birch plywood enclosure and vent walls. A spacious port area enhances air circulation, resulting in minimal turbulence and port distortion. Rounding out the sub’s aesthetic appeal, the GP218-sw’s black finish is comprised of an environmentally friendly, waterborne, polymer finish that resists wear, and its transducers are protected by a 16-gauge, powder-coated steel grille.
Keeping in mind the potential for portable use, the GP218-sw includes built-in handles that offer options for a dolly board or soft cover. This sub is also designed for versatile placement options: stack multiple units vertically by inserting the interlocking feet into the recesses on top of another sub’s enclosure panel for an easy and secure setup.
QSC GP218-sw Features
- Dual premium-grade, long excursion, high power 18-inch transducers
- Transducers offer 4-inch voicecoil, dual layer spider and triple-roll surrounds
- Interlocking feet and recess features allow for allow for rigid vertical stacking
- Built-in handles along with the optional dolly board and soft cover offers ease of transport
- M10 fittings allows for suspension in permanent and portable applications
- Dual NL4 Speakon connectors
- 18mm Baltic birch plywood construction
- 16-Gauge powder coated Steel Grilles
- GP218-sw Dual 18" Subwoofer1
- Frequency Range (-10dB) 24Hz – 1.2kHz
- Power Capacity 1700W (82.5V) continuous 3400W peak
- Nominal Sensitivity  102dB, 1W@1m
- Maximum Rated SPL
- 135dB @1m, continuous 
- 141dB @1m, peak 
- Nominal Impedance 4Ω
- 457mm (18-inch) driver with 102mm (4-inch)
- Recommended Power 3000 - 4000W
- Enclosure Details
- Input Connector: Dual NL4 connector
- Pin Outs: 1+/1- Sub
- 2+/2- N/C
- Enclosure Material: 18mm Baltic birch plywood
- Attachment Points: 16x threaded M10 inserts
- Grille: 16 Gauge powder coated steel
- Dimensions (HxWxD): 20x47.2x30" (508x1198x762 mm)
- Net Weight: 191 lbs (87 kg)
- Shipping Weight: 209 lbs (95 kg)