At first glance of the NTR you’re aware that it’s very special and unique – an intricate blend of art and science.
Designed to hang in the world’s finest recording studios and performance halls equally as well as home studio spaces, its existence is a labour of love for RØDE. Every element of the NTR, from the transformer to the ribbon element itself, has been designed and created in-house at RØDE’s headquarters in Sydney, Australia. All with the aim of crafting the finest ribbon microphone available.
Sonically, the NTR is capable of reproducing unprecedented high frequency detail and accuracy, addressing common criticisms of other ribbon microphones, while opening up the possible usage scenarios considerably. This allows it to record sound sources that usually require a more sensitive microphone element.
RØDE NT4 Features
- Limited quantities available.
- Highly sensitive 1.8 micron ribbon element
- Bi-Directional Polar Pattern
- Internal Shock Mounting System
- Custom designed and manufactured transformer
- Heavy-duty matte black finish
- Ribbon-securing travel screw supplied
- Designed and manufactured in Australia
- One free ribbon replacement during warranty period
- 10 year extended warranty when you register your microphone
- NT4 Active Ribbon Microphone1
- Custom twin head windshield WS41
- RC4 case 1
- 5-pin Minijack cable1
- XLR stereo cable1
- One Year Warranty (option to extend to 10 years with product registration)1
- Transducer TypeRibbon
- Polar PatternCardioid
- Frequency Range 20 Hz - 20 kHz
- Output Impedance200Ω
- Sensitivity -38.0dB re 1 Volt/Pascal (12.00mV @ 94 dB SPL) +/- 2 dB @ 1kHz
- Maximum SPL 143dBSPL
- Maximum Output Level 13.9mV (@ 1kHz, 1% THD into 1KΩ load)
- Equivalent Noise Level (A-weighted) 16dBA
- Power Options 9V Battery+48V phantom power
- Active Electronics JFET impedance converter with bipolar output buffer
- Weight 480g
- Dimensions (HxWxD) 231x61x33 mm
- Output Minijack Output, XLR Output