The RØDE PinMic™ is a discreet lavalier/lapel microphone with an innovative pin-through design that is not only easier to conceal than a traditional lapel microphone, but provides greater mounting versatility.
Comprised of a cabled backplate and a removable omni-directional capsule head, the PinMic™ is easily mounted onto any clothing or fabric by simply pushing the backplate pins through the back of the fabric and sliding the capsule into place on the front. The microphone backplate and cable are hidden behind the fabric, and the capsule head can be easily disguised, covered or decorated to further conceal the microphone.
The PinMic™ capsule is discrete at only 9mm deep and 11mm in diameter, and is supplied with both a black and an unpainted silver mesh head that can be further camouflaged by painting.
The microphone easily mounts through any fabric up to 1.5mm (0.006") thick without any damage to clothing. A longer pin version (PinMic-Long) is available for mounting on thicker fabrics (up to 3.5mm/0.14" thick).
The microphone capsule is connected via a 1.2m (4') shielded, detachable Kevlar® reinforced cable that has been rigorously strain tested to ensure reliable performance.
The included mini-furry for high wind protection ensures quality recordings in adverse environments, while the anti-trauma water resistant case provides rugged and secure protection for the microphone, a spare capsule head, the microphone cable and included accessories.
The PinMic™ is an ideal solution for film, television, video, theater, house of worship and anywhere where a high quality microphone needs to be heard but not seen. Knowing that versatility is paramount in any product, RØDE has developed the MiCon™ connector system which provides seamless integration between the PinMic™ and a wide range of wireless systems as well as consoles, cameras and portable recorders.
The RØDE PinMic™ lapel microphone is designed and made in Australia and is covered by RØDE Microphones' innovative 5 year 'no questions asked' warranty which provides 12 months of complete cover, and an optional US$99 replacement microphone during the extended warranty period.
Rode PinMic Features
- Intuitive And Subtle
- Omni-directional polar pattern
- Removable Mesh Head
- Ultra Discreet Appearance
- Lightweight And Easy To Position
- High Quality Performance
- Low Noise Miniature Microphone Capsule
- Low Handling Noise
- Universal Compatibility
- RØDE Micon interconnectivity system provides seamless integration with a wide range of wireless systems
- Includes mini-furry, anti-trauma case, spare capsule and PinMic tool kit
- PinMic Discreet Pin-through Lapel Microphone1
- 1 Year Warranty (Five year extended warranty with registration)1
- Supplementary mesh head (silver) suitable for spray paint customisation to fully match clothing 1
- Anti-trauma water resistant storage case1
- Mini-furry for high wind protection1
- Shielded Kevlar® reinforced cable with moulded backplate1
- Lapel-style cable management clip1
- Set of adjustment tools1
- Set of sanitary cleansing wipes1
- Transducer TypeCondenser
- Polar PatternOmnidirectional
- Frequency Range60Hz - 18kHz
- Output Impedance 3000Ω
- Sensitivity -33.5dB re 1 Volt/Pascal (21.00mV @ 94 dB SPL) +/- 2 dB @ 1kHz
- Maximum SPL 110dBSPL
- Maximum Output Level 189.0mV (@ 1kHz, 1% THD into 1KΩ load)
- Equivalent Noise (A-weighted) 25dBA
- Power Requirements Plug-in power
- Active ElectronicsJFET impedance converter
- Output Connection MICON
- Dimensions (LxWxH)16x22x33 mm