Delivering sound so detailed and real, the QTC30 brings recordings to life and delivers a truly accurate snapshot of your sound. Its near-perfect omnidirectional polar pattern is uniform across all specified frequencies, letting the microphone capture rich and consistent detail at any position around the capsule.
With an extended 6Hz – 30kHz ruler-flat frequency response (with no frequencies exaggerated or attenuated) the result is a more accurate representation of the original sound.
The QTC30 is time coherent, precisely capturing high and low frequency sounds with no phase errors, which will smear transients and create other time related distortions.
With an SPL rating of 138dB the QTC30 has plenty of headroom, so there is no need to worry about the microphone distorting. And there is no proximity effect, you can get the QTC30 as close as you want to the sound source.
Ideal for for recording quieter sources such as vocals, strings and distant miked orchestras or choirs, these low noise omnis are also an excellent choice for drum overheads, close-miked wind and percussion instruments, and foley.
Earthworks QTC30 Features
- With a frequency response to 30kHz and excellent impulse response, it will reproduce sounds with incredible detail that are true and life-like, making it an ideal and affordable choice for recording applications
- Intended for detailed sources
- Omnidirectional polar pattern
- Flat frequency response, fast impulse response and exceptional polar characteristics
- Accurate and uncolored
- Handles sound levels up to 138dB with no proximity effect or handling noise
- QTC30 30kHz omni recording microphone1
- Microphone clip1
- Transducer TypeCondenser
- Polar PatternOmnidirectional
- Frequency Response3 Hz - 40 kHz ±1dB
- Output Impedance65Ω balanced (between pins 2 & 3)
- Min. Output Load600Ω between pins 2 & 3
- Sensitivity34mV/Pa (-29dBV/Pa)
- Power Requirements24-48V Phantom, 10mA
- Peak Acoustic Input140dB SPL
- OutputXLR (pin 2+)
- Self Noise20dB SPL equivalent (A weighted)
- Dimensions (LxD)6.5" x 0.86"
- Weight0.35 pounds