The smartLav+ is a broadcast-grade wearable microphone designed for use in a wide range of film, television and broadcast scenarios, or wherever broadcast quality audio is required in a discreet, portable format without the complication and expense of additional wireless equipment.
With the smartLav+ the user simply mounts the microphone on the talent, connects it to a smartphone or tablet headset jack and records via the RØDE Rec app for iOS, or any other audio app of their choice.
By employing a professional quality omni-directional condenser capsule the smartLav+ picks up sound equally from all around the microphone, allowing for versatility when mounting and ensuring a high degree of user-friendly operation.
A foam pop shield is supplied to minimise wind noise and vocal plosives (hard ‘b’, ‘t’ and ‘p’ sounds), as well as a durable mounting clip with in-built cable management. Its Kevlar® reinforced cable ensures that you never stretch or snap your microphone under normal usage conditions.
The smartLav+ is compatible with any audio app that accepts input from the headset connection, however it has been designed to pair perfectly with RØDE’s RØDE Rec app for Apple iOS devices. RØDE Rec turns the user’s iOS device into a fully-featured field recorder, with a wide range of equalisation presets to suit various recording situations, in addition to professional editing functions and the ability to publish to SoundCloud and Dropbox direct from the app.
Rode smartLav+ Features
- Broadcast quality, professional-grade Lavalier Mic with TRRS Jack
- High-quality omni-directional condenser capsule
- Discrete 4.5mm miniature microphone
- Compatible with iOS devices and select Android devices*
- Kevlar® reinforced cable
- Rode smartLav+ Lavalier Microphone for Smartphones1
- Wind shield1
- Durable mounting clip1
- Twelve month warranty1
- Transducer TypeCondenser
- Polar Pattern Omnidirectional
- Frequency Range20 Hz - 20 kHz
- Output Impedance3000 ohms Typical
- Sensitivity-35dB (17.8mV @94dB SPL)
- Maximum SPL110 dB
- Signal to noise Ratio67 dB
- Equivalent Noise27 dB Typical
- Dynamic Range83dB Typical
- Power RequirementsPowered from iPhone TRRS socket (2.7V)
- Active ElectronicsJFET
- Output Connection TRRS Output