The Earthworks SR20 is a multi-purpose vocal & instrument microphone designed for live performance and studio recording environments. The ultimate workhorse microphone, the SR20 is designed to seamlessly transition from tracking vocals in the studio to miking acoustic guitar onstage and everything in between.
The SR20’s near-perfect cardioid polar pattern is consistent across all frequencies, simplifying mic placement, ensuring more gain before feedback and virtually eliminating phasing issues when using multiple microphones.
It handles transients with ease, reproducing every detail no matter how sharp or subtle. Capable of handling sound pressure levels of up to 139dB without distortion, the SR20 can handle nearly any instrument.
Featuring a screw-on metal mesh windscreen, the SR20 is a world-class vocal microphone that captures the subtle details of your performance. Its clean on-axis response provides maximum intelligibility of vocals up to 90 degrees off-axis, while rejecting off-axis noise and feedback from ambiance, surrounding instruments and nearby stage monitors thanks to its 32dB of rear rejection.
This performance also makes the SR20 a stellar choice for presentations, press conferences, meeting halls and more. When every word counts, the SR20 will deliver.
Earthworks SR20 Features
- Multi-purpose vocal and instrument microphone designed for live performance and studios
- Cardioid polar pattern consistent across all frequencies
- Easily handles transients
- SPL capability up to 139 dB without distortion
- Screw-on metal mesh windscreen
- Clean on-axis response
- SR20 condenser microphone1
- Microphone clip1
- Transducer TypeCondenser
- Polar PatternCardioid
- Frequency Response20 Hz - 20 kHz
- Output Impedance65Ω balanced (between pins 2 & 3)
- Min. Output Load600Ω between pins 2 & 3
- Sensitivity20mV/Pa (-34dBV/Pa)
- Power Requirements24-48V Phantom, 10mA
- Max. Acoustic Input139dB SPL
- OutputXLR (pin 2+)
- Noise16dB SPL equivalent (A weighted)
- Dimensions (LxD)8.4" x 0.86
- Weight0.3 pounds