The KK 105 S is a premium quality capsule head for Sennheiser SKM 5000/5200 handheld transmitters. Its precision manufactured condenser capsule offers true Neumann sound, combined with the freedom of wireless operation and all the virtues of a rugged stage microphone: excellent pop protection, enormous SPL capability, and high feedback resistance.
The KK 105 S capsule head brings studio sound quality to the stage for the most demanding live applications. The KK 105 S combines Neumann’s famous sense of perfection with Sennheiser’s long standing expertise in live performance engineering.
The KK 105 S capsule head is based on Neumann’s highly successful, award-winning KMS series of wired stage microphones. While most stage microphones use dynamic capsules, the KK 105 S is equipped with a true condenser capsule offering the superior clarity that made Neumann studio microphones famous all over the world. At the same time, the KK 105 S possesses the ruggedness required for stage use, thus refuting the myth that condenser microphones must be “fragile”. The KK 105 S can stand enormous sound pressure levels of up to 150 dB without clipping, and its tight, frequency-independent supercardioid pattern ensures high gain before feedback. The KK 105 S has a much smoother frequency response than dynamic microphones and an airy top-end. Compared to dynamic microphones, the Neumann KK 105 S has a vastly superior transient response resulting in a more immediate, more emotional vocal sound. In practical terms: effortless intelligibility, without the usual EQ boosts – which further improves feedback resistance.
The KK 105 S is optimized for close miking; a fixed low cut filter compensates for the proximity effect and ensures clear bass, even if the singer’s lips touch the microphone. The headgrille is made of hardened steel and features a highly effective internal pop screen made of multi-layer wire gauze.
Neumann KK105 S Features
- Neumann sound for or Sennheiser SKM 5000/5200 wireless systems
- Tight supercardioid pattern without off-axis coloration
- Feedback resistant, high rejection of rearward sound (120°)
- Unaffected by extreme sound pressure levels
- Built-in pop protection, low handling-noise
- Easy cleaning
- KK105 S Supercardioid Condenser Capsule1
- Directional Pattern Supercardioid
- Frequency Range 80 Hz ... 20 kHz
- Sensitivity at 1 kHz into 1 kohm 1.3 mV/Pa ± 1 dB equ. -58 dBV
- Equivalent noise level, CCIR  44 dB
- Equivalent noise level, A-weighted  33 dB-A
- Maximum SPL for THD 0.5%  150 dB
- Maximum SPL for THD < 3 %  155 dB
- Signal-to-noise ratio, CCIR (re. 94 dB SPL)  50 dB
- Signal-to-noise ratio, A-weighted (re. 94 dB SPL)  61 dB-A
- Weight approx. 325 g (incl. Tranmitter + power supply unit)
- Diameter 48 mm
- Length 257 mm (incl. Tranmitter)
- Maximum SPL for THD 3%  155 dB
- Frequency range (transmitter) 450 - 960 MHz
- Switching bandwidth 24 MHz
- Transmitter frequencies 16
- RF-output 50 mW (-3 dB)
- Noise suppression system Sennheiser "HiDyn plusTM"
- 1) according to IEC 60268-1; CCIR-weighting acccording to CCIR 468-3, quasi peak; A-weighting according to IEC 61672-1, RMS
- 2) according to IEC 60268-1; CCIR-weighting acccording to CCIR 468-3, quasi peak; A-weighting according to IEC 61672-1, RMS
- 3) measured as equivalent el. input signal
- 4) measured as equivalent el. input signal
- 5) according to IEC 60268-1; CCIR-weighting acccording to CCIR 468-3, quasi peak; A-weighting according to IEC 61672-1, RMS
- 6) according to IEC 60268-1; CCIR-weighting acccording to CCIR 468-3, quasi peak; A-weighting according to IEC 61672-1, RMS
- 7) measured as equivalent el. input signal